Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Its been a few years but I'm back. I once owned a black 07 Solstice. I loved that car but was lured away by an equally loveable 09 black convertible Corvette. My wife liked the Vette so much I seldom drove it. I went back to Pontiac and added a new G8 GT to the fleet. Looking for a thrill I bought a Camaro ZL1 which I haven't broken in yet because of the snow.

I was sitting in the garage a couple weeks ago and my wife ask what I like best. I said I missed the Solstice and I wish I had gotten a coupe before Pontiac shut down. She asked what year it was, and I told her 2009 but I wanted low or no miles. A tough order to fill.

Today is my 49th birthday. This morning my wife presented me with a card, and a whole lot emails and paperwork. Seems like she found a 2009 GXP Coupe #355 with a dealer friend of mine. It had 800 kms on it, never registered, dealer owned, all the gm performance mods. Its on a rail car today somewhere on its way to me. Best of all its black!

Happy birthday to me!

http://media.wheels.ca/vehicles/933/635209/2009-Pontiac-Solstice-635209-4-sm.jpg

·
Registered
34 Posts
Suweeet, Happy Birthday!

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Happy Birthday and congratulations as well - welcome back!!!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
That is a nice birthday present!:thumbs: Congrats!!!!!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
Congrats and welcome back!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ooops "here" is London Ont. Thank you everyone for your welcome posts. I hope you will be as patient as I get caught up on whats new. So far I have ordered GM cover but thats it. I don't expect to add many mods since I rather liked the car as is. Looks like the performance mod and CAI were already done anyway.

Thanks again,
John

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Welcome back...your dreams were your ticket out.....

I had to chuckle at how the car gets into your veins and just doesn't seem to let go, does it? : )

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations on your coupe, but I have to say the ZL1 will eat it for breakfast and all other dinners.
It will do this in the 1/4 as well as in the track but it is a nice question to have since you can choose either one when ever you want.
Is the ZL1 Black also?. How about a picture of the pair if you do not mine.
Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I will be happy to post a pic or 10. It's on my list. Unfortunatly the Solstice isn't here yet and the ZL1 is up on the lift for the winter. I will put them all together in the spring for a fun picture. Between the Solstice, G8 GT, and the H3 my vehicles are like me....almost extinct. The ZL1 is a little rare in this part of the country, but you can still buy them. Frankly it's a beast and while it is fun to drive you have to be a little cautious, and I am still in the break in.

2012 Camaro ZL1 0-60 is 3.8 secs of scary torque
2009 Corvette C6 0-60 is 4.1 if I roll out the seat and stand up
2009 G8 GT is 5.0 sec with four doors and 3 passengers
2009 Solstice Coupe - I don't care how long it takes because it's so damn fun to drive
2010 Hummer H3 0-60 8 seconds in 1 foot of snow.

hmmmm. I may have a problem. But is a good old fashioned GM problem. And yes...they are black. Every vehicle is black even the snowmobiles and bicycle.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Upon further review I think your birthday gift sucks. (I say this because my 49th birthday was ALSO Saturday, January 19th and I didn't get a new Solstice!) :lol:

I did, however, make sure I told my wife about your gift. Just in case she wants to make up for it next year. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sheesh who knew 10 business days could take so long. All I know is it was loaded on a rail car at the beginning of this week and is headed east from Calgary. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Even if it means I can just put it in the garage and sit in it, I will leave something else out in the cold snow.

I have killed this week by trying to find a solstice ball cap. Not an easy find...so far.

John

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Sheesh who knew 10 business days could take so long. All I know is it was loaded on a rail car at the beginning of this week and is headed east from Calgary. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. Even if it means I can just put it in the garage and sit in it, I will leave something else out in the cold snow.

I have killed this week by trying to find a solstice ball cap. Not an easy find...so far.

John
Your in luck John, I have a couple extra Coupe hats hanging around!
I have 2 White with a Black stitch logo and Solstice Coupe lettering, also 1 Black with White stitch logo and Solstice Coupe lettering OR a Black hat with Red stitching logo Solstice Coupe and the tagline Ltd. 1 of 1266, if you're interested PM me with you address.
They are $14 each plus Priority Mail shipping in the US and First Class Mail to Canada.
Hope this helps!
Congrats on acquiring a COUPE!!! Great Choice.

Steve

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. STVZ CARZ you have a pm. Well I guess now I just wait! Got the plate I wanted. Got a nice GM OEM cover....but no car yet. Dum de dum de dum. Has it been 10 days yet?
:willy:

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Thanks. STVZ CARZ you have a pm. Well I guess now I just wait! Got the plate I wanted. Got a nice GM OEM cover....but no car yet. Dum de dum de dum. Has it been 10 days yet?
:willy:
PM back at ya!
I know about the wait! It took me over a month to track down the one I finally got. But then I had to fly to Denver to get it and break it in by driving it the 1300 miles home! Enjoy it when it arrives and just try to keep the BIG PermaGrin off your face the first time you get to drive it and thereafter!

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
OMGosh! What a fantastic birthday present. Congrats and welcome back. Gotta agree with Chickenwire - these cars definitely get in your blood!!!
:driving:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts