Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I give up. I've been looking for details on this for two hours, and come up empty.

I know DeepBlueGXP did it at lease once, but I still have yet to see the details of how to install a wired backup camera on a coupe. Can I fish the wires though the license plate lamp hole via the removable spoiler access panel? Do I have to drill holes inside the trunk area? Photos please!!

·
Registered
406 Posts

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
A cheaper alternative (and one that works for me) is a sonic proximity alert for backing up. When you get close to anything, it beeps and the beeps get more frequent and finally become a solid tone when you come right up to the object.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A cheaper alternative (and one that works for me) is a sonic proximity alert for backing up. When you get close to anything, it beeps and the beeps get more frequent and finally become a solid tone when you come right up to the object.
The Farenheit license plate bracket I have to put in has sonic proximity sensors in addition to the wired camera. However, either way you still need to fish a wire to the interior to hook up the speaker for the sensor. So your back at the same problem I asked about...

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Have you looked for photos over on Joe's (DeepBlueGXP) board?

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Removing the spoiler panel doesn't help you. You can fish from the license plate light over to the right where the wires enter the trunk. I ended up drilling another hole in the trunk next to the current one for my rear laser shifter

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
Yes, going in the license light hole will work with a bit of fiddling.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
This is how I did it. There is photos on kappaperformance dot com of the brake light removal for the coupe.

Remove the left wheel, then pull back the wheel liner, from there you can reach the two twist off wing nuts for the tail light. Then remove the tail light. Now fish a wire from the license plate hole to the space where the tail light is removed. Then fish the wire into the rear of the trunk through the square vent flap. In the trunk, you can pull back the carpet on the left side and run the wire to the back seat and up to the radio.

Reinstall the rear brake light, wheel liner and tire.

Good luck, hope this helps

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Yes, going in the license light hole will work with a bit of fiddling.
I use a coat hanger and there was plenty of length to get it to the space where the brake light sits.

·
Registered
731 Posts

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Dude, there isn't much difference in this case between a couple and a vert. The wires from the back enter the trunk at the back right

1 - 13 of 13 Posts