Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know I am asking a million questions on this forum about my newest mod but in my defense I just want to do it right the first time.I ran my Pyle backup camera wire to the trunk,routed it to the rear of the trunk . From the outside I pushed the wire from the camera under the lip where the rear brake light is and it now sits in the sill under the trunk lid.I know that it is all sealed so no water gets into the trunk because of the way the wires are run from the GPS antenna wires.Short of drilling a hole and using some silicone to form a grommet or puncture the wire housing rubber hose up high ,is there another preferred way to connect the wires.
As always Thanks:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
I ran mine across to, and under, the rear driver-side lamp cluster. Then drilled a small hole in the plastic trunk tub (no issues with rust) halfway up the wall behind the carpet liner - then through into the cabin. Used a grommet for the hole and silicone-caulked the heck out of it.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
I ran mine across to, and under, the rear driver-side lamp cluster. Then drilled a small hole in the plastic trunk tub (no issues with rust) halfway up the wall behind the carpet liner - then through into the cabin. Used a grommet for the hole and silicone-caulked the heck out of it.
Yes, exactly this...

·
Registered
14 Posts
As Rob the Elder stated my coupe has wicked blind spots. I have a really cool way of eliminating these blind spots while backing up. I have my Wife get out and guide me, it works very good unless she is in a bad mood.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
As Rob the Elder stated my coupe has wicked blind spots. I have a really cool way of eliminating these blind spots while backing up. I have my Wife get out and guide me, it works very good unless she is in a bad mood.
I have 2 problems with that method:

1) My wife has a bad back so getting in/out of the coupe is painful. So, we usually take one of our other vehicles when we're together

2) My coupe is my DD. To/from work. Without my wife.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow ,never expected this thread to take this direction.LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Request Wiring Diagram for ECM? Need reverse lamp output for backup camera.

Hi folks. I'm looking for a set of wiring diagrams for my 2008 Solstice GXP. I'm finalizing a new head unit install (Pioneer X8500BHS) and I want to tap directly into the ECM feed instead of threading a signal from the hot or ground side of the rear reverse lights.

I've found documentation that shows pin 8 (light green) of the right most ECM connector is for the reverse switch, but it seems to rail at +12v as soon as the vehicle is running, and stays there regardless of the reverse state of the car.

I've also tried tapping directly into the shifter circuitry, but I think those 7 wires are serially interfaced to the ECM.

If nobody has diagrams, my next step will be to pull the rear bumper fascia, and start continuity testing until I find a hit at the ECM.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to button up my install shortly.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ask HoosierGXP he will know.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Hi folks. I'm looking for a set of wiring diagrams for my 2008 Solstice GXP. I'm finalizing a new head unit install (Pioneer X8500BHS) and I want to tap directly into the ECM feed instead of threading a signal from the hot or ground side of the rear reverse lights.

I've found documentation that shows pin 8 (light green) of the right most ECM connector is for the reverse switch, but it seems to rail at +12v as soon as the vehicle is running, and stays there regardless of the reverse state of the car.

I've also tried tapping directly into the shifter circuitry, but I think those 7 wires are serially interfaced to the ECM.

If nobody has diagrams, my next step will be to pull the rear bumper fascia, and start continuity testing until I find a hit at the ECM.

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to button up my install shortly.
You sure it's at 12V? I found that the reverse line is 1 or 2V when not in reverse, which was enough to trigger my headunit. I was thinking about rigging a 12V relay as on the trigger for my headunit

·
Registered
12 Posts
I tore apart the passenger footwell and went wire hunting this evening. I did not find the an appropriate signal (aka a signal that changed levels with the reverse lights) before running out of light. I am planning on trying the BCM's rear connector pins tomorrow.

Some of the manuals I purchased had the below diagram, which tells me that there is a wire somewhere, which ties the reverse signal to the BCM. Unfortunately, I am not sure how to interpret the labeling on this diagram, yet.

http://dmiles813.mine.nu/dsm/solstice_backup_lamps.pdf

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Sorry, late to the party here - been busy at work :(

For schematics, you can go to the Autozone site. Set up a (free) login, enter your car and go to the maintenance section. They have all the schematics there.

Meanwhile, the doc you show matches the (various) schematics I have. This shows sources for the signal as the light green wire at pin C4 of Connector 1 to the BCM. Or light green wire at pin E6 or C2 on Connector 2.

In the photo here, Connector 1 is the top left blue plug, connector 2 is the right middle blue plug:

Not there can be multiple green wires, you'll have to open the connector and trace the correct pin row and column.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the info, TomatoSoup. I wasn't entirely sure how to read the diagrams.

I'm sad to say I didn't have much luck identifying the reverse lamp positive power line. I tried every light green line from the BCM (a couple times), and found a "whole lotta nuthin".

I finally took a peek back at the diagram and realized that I might have better luck trying to identifying the ground side of the backup lamp relay coil. ...Eureeka! Found it right off the bat. Dark Blue, top connector of the BCM (connector 1), top row of the connector (when the connector is plugged in), fourth pin in from the left. I had to configure my head unit to use inverted logic (which it had an option for), meaning reverse = 0V, forward = +12V.

This weekend I should finish up the bumper plate wireless camera wiring. Hopefully I will be able to call this install "done", without having to tear apart interior panels, run wires from front to back, or drill into anything.

I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hey Soup....the lower right side of your pic is a connector (more a plug). It looks like it might be to pull codes or program the BCM. Do you know what it is and what it's for? I was wondering this when I had my BCM exposed.... :hijack:

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Hey Soup....the lower right side of your pic is a connector (more a plug). It looks like it might be to pull codes or program the BCM. Do you know what it is and what it's for? I was wondering this when I had my BCM exposed....
Heh! Sorry no. I've looked in the past and can find no reference to it.

I have the same assumptions as you, but no further detail.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts