Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I noticed several weeks ago that the bad Pontiac dealers list was making the rounds here, but now I can't find it. I did search for it, but no luck so far. Did it get pulled? Did someone apply some pressure to the forum moderators??

I'll be buying in Oregon or Northern California - anybody out there have any good or bad reports to share from this region?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Remember....

Key factors to remember. Go for MSRP (manufactures suggested retail price). Also, get your order in writing. Get those two things right and you won't have a bad experience....... :yesnod:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
ajkelly said:
Hello all,
I noticed several weeks ago that the bad Pontiac dealers list was making the rounds here, but now I can't find it. I did search for it, but no luck so far. Did it get pulled? Did someone apply some pressure to the forum moderators??
No, it just got burried in all the other posts.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I am SO gonna print out this list, highlight Desert Pontiac, Las Vegas and show it to them next time I go in.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I once recommended that we should post the names of the "bad" and the "good" dealers in the forum.
I'm not sure this boycott list is a good thing. First who sponsers it? Can anyone just add whom ever they feel like to the list? Is there any follow up to see if the dealer actually deserves to be on the list? Whats to stop a Ford dealer from adding his GM competitor to the list?

Just seems to me that the chance for abuse here is to high. JMHO

·
Registered
191 Posts
I can vouch for Burns Pontiac being on there. They managed to lose their allocation partially because of that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Sydney said:
I once recommended that we should post the names of the "bad" and the "good" dealers in the forum.
I'm not sure this boycott list is a good thing. First who sponsers it? Can anyone just add whom ever they feel like to the list? Is there any follow up to see if the dealer actually deserves to be on the list? Whats to stop a Ford dealer from adding his GM competitor to the list?

:agree: There is "abuse" or "lack of confirmation".

·
Registered
31 Posts
I looked at the list and it appears that anyone posting is chewing on personal grudges. I saw Andy Mohr dealership listed and was shocked. I have a Solstice ordered with them and they have been terrific to work with. I know for a fact that they have taken nearly 30 orders at MSRP!!!!! I don't know who put their name here, but I'd bet its over something trivial. I have purchased many vehicles from the Andy Mohr group and can only say good things about them. Under "normal" circumstances, your Solstice will cost MSRP with them. If you are trying to buy one "out from under" the normal wait times, ANY DEALER will sell over MSRP. I can't blame them. They have my order and my loyalty.

·
Registered
184 Posts
We can vouch for Desert Pontiac also, they are charging over MSRP. We were told anywhere from $1500 to $2500 --

·
Registered
527 Posts
solstindy said:
If you are trying to buy one "out from under" the normal wait times, ANY DEALER will sell over MSRP. I can't blame them. They have my order and my loyalty.
:rolleyes:

Even when Pontiac promises the buyers that even under the special circumstances, you will still pay the advertised price? You may not agree with it, but if you're saying that they are charging over MSRP but you think that's ok, then I see why they are on the list...

(ESPECIALLY if other people who ordered at MSRP are being passed over for the people who are paying premiums to get "out from under" the normal wait times.)

:nono:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sydney said:

:agree: Even though I'm the one that asked for the list, I agree with you Syndney.

We have to take this list with a grain of salt. I think that we should just consider it a starting point - if your local dealership is on the list, then go in with a little higher suspicion level, ask some harder/pointed questions, and then make up your own mind. We all know people who are not happy and complain no matter what kind of service they receive. But we also know that there are some scummy dealerships out there that will do whatever they can to take advantage of you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm here to take your money!!

Sounds like a whammy! (game show, added for comedic effect)
Here is the list you are requesting. I am Mike Danielson. Employee of Andy Mohr. We made the list!!! We are also on the list of excellece in customer satisfaction and volume!!!(You can check that one with GM) Kinda funny what 17 year old kid's can come up with. I would be willing to bet that the author of the of boycotted dealers has not set foot in one of them. Pretty much a given that it is a disgruntled child that is ignorant to the ole suppy and demand theory. Or, possibly does not realize that this country was built on free enterprise!! Anyway just to set the record straight we have pre ordered 29 units(nearly all of our allowcation) ALL were sold at M.S.R.P.. hmmmmmm..... Any factory orders that become available will demand market value. And, from the sounds of it, keeps rising. :cool: Unfortunately the author of the list, I figure is either an early bird that missed the worm,(not enough cash to join the "in crowd"--they will make more just wait til next year lol) or a disgruntled Miata owner!!! I have done a bit of homework for the author. Within 20 miles of our dealership a dealer refused to take ANY pre-orders. Guess what?! They have sold all they have recived at $5,000 over list. I belive it would behoove you to list dealers that WILL SELL ONE AT M.S.R.P.(by the way the S stands for "suggested", I have a few suggestions!!rotflmao) The list will be much shorter that way!! If you don't have one on order and can't get on a list for M.S.R.P.. Please call, I'll get you on one. If you want the first one that comes available, get in line and bring you check book!!!! I'm not really into wasting my time with this type of non-sense, but I just couldn't help but give some feedback on this. Ignorance ruffles my feathers!!! I can assure anyone out there that wants one bad enough is going to have to pay for it!! I am not sure if the clown that created the list is under the impression that his/her "Boycott List" will have any effect on each of these dealers, but I got news for you, It's kinda like my screen name and the chances of them ever owning a Solstice....Keep your Miata for a couple of more years!!!

I think I could go on and on.....so her's the link to the list.

That's it. I'm out.

no cigar

http://hometown.aol.com/nsdbl/NSDBL.html

·
Registered
31 Posts
SkyCaptain said:
:rolleyes:

Even when Pontiac promises the buyers that even under the special circumstances, you will still pay the advertised price? You may not agree with it, but if you're saying that they are charging over MSRP but you think that's ok, then I see why they are on the list...

(ESPECIALLY if other people who ordered at MSRP are being passed over for the people who are paying premiums to get "out from under" the normal wait times.)

:nono:
They are not being passed over. Their order is still valid and on "normal" delivery times. I was offered the earlier car at MSRP however, its' options did not suite me, so I passed and decided to wait for my "normal" delivery order.

·
Registered
5 Posts
add

I just read all of the ramblings about "the list". Just want to add one thing.
General Motors, Pontiac, does not own the car after it's delivered to the dealer. It becomes in our case our car to do with what we feel. I don't care what General Motors suggest we do with the pricing. I suggest they quit pauing such high pensions and remove Unions from the shop. This would benifit all of us. It would be cheaper to manufacture. Thus cheaper for me to stock and sell.

Just because some of you have nothing better to do but jack around on here playing touch peter....we are the largest independently owned auto group in the state of Indiana. This has all happend over the past 10 years. You don't grow to that magnatude by "screwing people" in this industry.

Good Luck to all in attaing you Solsti!! Thank You for your props solstindy we appreciate your business as always!!!!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I can substantiate the reason Champion Pontiac of North Houston is on the list. If anyone cares, I can fax the window sticker and the sales order showing $3000 over MSRP. They stink and I'm telling everyone that Champion stinks. I'm telling everyone in Houston I talk to to buy from Beck & Masten, NOT Champion. I put my deposit down February 8, I placed the official order on April 15, and I wasn't told about the premium until FIVE months after my deposit, too late then to go somewhere else. It was take it or leave it, and I couldn't leave it, they knew that!

CHAMPION PONTIAC OF NORTH HOUSTON, you are JERKS. Owned by AutoNation, by the way.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
no_cigar said:
Sounds like a whammy! (game show, added for comedic effect)
Here is the list you are requesting. I am Mike Danielson. Employee of Andy Mohr. We made the list!!! We are also on the list of excellece in customer satisfaction and volume!!!(You can check that one with GM) Kinda funny what 17 year old kid's can come up with. I would be willing to bet that the author of the of boycotted dealers has not set foot in one of them. Pretty much a given that it is a disgruntled child that is ignorant to the ole suppy and demand theory. Or, possibly does not realize that this country was built on free enterprise!! Anyway just to set the record straight we have pre ordered 29 units(nearly all of our allowcation) ALL were sold at M.S.R.P.. hmmmmmm..... Any factory orders that become available will demand market value. And, from the sounds of it, keeps rising. :cool: Unfortunately the author of the list, I figure is either an early bird that missed the worm,(not enough cash to join the "in crowd"--they will make more just wait til next year lol) or a disgruntled Miata owner!!! I have done a bit of homework for the author. Within 20 miles of our dealership a dealer refused to take ANY pre-orders. Guess what?! They have sold all they have recived at $5,000 over list. I belive it would behoove you to list dealers that WILL SELL ONE AT M.S.R.P.(by the way the S stands for "suggested", I have a few suggestions!!rotflmao) The list will be much shorter that way!! If you don't have one on order and can't get on a list for M.S.R.P.. Please call, I'll get you on one. If you want the first one that comes available, get in line and bring you check book!!!! I'm not really into wasting my time with this type of non-sense, but I just couldn't help but give some feedback on this. Ignorance ruffles my feathers!!! I can assure anyone out there that wants one bad enough is going to have to pay for it!! I am not sure if the clown that created the list is under the impression that his/her "Boycott List" will have any effect on each of these dealers, but I got news for you, It's kinda like my screen name and the chances of them ever owning a Solstice....Keep your Miata for a couple of more years!!!

I think I could go on and on.....so her's the link to the list.

That's it. I'm out.

no cigar
I don't know who runs the list, and I don't know about your dealership, but the dealers from the Phoenix area that are on there are definitely selling way above MSRP, as much as $3500. They wouldn't budge on price, but they drove me nuts, calling and emailing me, telling me how I'd better hurry and take one before they were all gone, because I wasn't going to find one at MSRP. But I did find one!

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
no cigar said: "Just because some of you have nothing better to do but XXXX around on here playing touch XXXXX...."

I suggest, no cigar, that you clean up your language when you are talking on a public forum. There is no call for such terms on the Solstice Forum. Please go back and edit your post to remove that. Thank you.

My opinion of "The Boycott List" is that it should be for those dealers who charge a premium for pre-ordered vehicles, such as in my case. Especially if they don't tell the customer until FIVE months after the deposit, like in my case (CHAMPION PONTIAC OF NORTH HOUSTON, you are RATS!)

Also dealers that do something like what mogo's dealer was going to do to her, keep her Solstice on the floor until the next one comes in. Sure glad they changed their mind on that.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts