Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SURPRIZE!!!!!!

I'll start with :cuss: ! I have been told that a Major number of cars were put on QUALITY HOLD THIS MORNING ! So to those of you that are expecting their car don't hold your breath. And this is from a reliable source. So if you think your car is shipped have you dealer call the Dealer Business Center and get an update. Now this is on mostly cars made last 4-6 weeks that I know of. If it's on a train don't be surprize if it goes back to the factory. They couldn't say how long the quality hold will be on for, could be a day or weeks. They couldn't say what it was for either.

Sorry to have to post this bad news. I'm really going crazy.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I heard this too. sucks really bad. I was told that if the hold doesn't last too long my car should be delivered on Friday.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SolsticeDesire said:
I heard this too. sucks really bad. I was told that if the hold doesn't last too long my car should be delivered on Friday.
Thats what I would like to think but some how I doubt it. Boy am I ticked off. I really don't know how much more of this I can Take.

·
Registered
350 Posts
deluke said:
Thats what I would like to think but some how I doubt it. Boy am I ticked off. I really don't know how much more of this I can Take.
The DBC is supposed to be giving my dealer a call on Thursday to give a status update on what is going on. If he does I will let everyone know.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Communication!

Does anyone at Pontiac talk to each other? Who ever is charge of shipping these cars should be handed a broom and shown the floor! :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
SolsticeDesire said:
The DBC is supposed to be giving my dealer a call on Thursday to give a status update on what is going on. If he does I will let everyone know.

The funny thing I knew this before my dealer. But he's suppose to get updated tomorrow.

:willy: :willy:

·
Registered
218 Posts
If they are just finding quality issues now on cars built in the last couple of weeks, wouldn't the cars built earlier have the same problems?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Now we know why we haven't been seeing any deliveries the past few days.

These ups and downs when we are so close is killing me!!!!!!!!

I even keep my week ends open hoping the car will arrive and I can enjoy the foliage changes while cruzing north through Vermont with the top down. :cuss: :banghead:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hyzer said:
If they are just finding quality issues now on cars built in the last couple of weeks, wouldn't the cars built earlier have the same problems?

? The thing I was told if they find a bad part, they put all those cars on hold that had that part from that shipment of that part. If you understood what I'm trying to say. Then they check the cars out and either ok it or fix it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
deluke said:
? The thing I was told if they find a bad part, they put all those cars on hold that had that part from that shipment of that part. If you understood what I'm trying to say. Then they check the cars out and either ok it or fix it.
Yeah, that makes sense. It's a shame we have to rely on anonymous sources to get some basic information though. All i could get from Pontiac was that my car was still at the plant and thats all they know. :brentil:

·
Registered
233 Posts
hyzer said:
Obviously some do. I'll still waiting for my Sol and it was built in July. Vin #131.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
deluke said:
You got it, deluke! Once they find a defective part on the line, depending on the seriousness of the defect, they could decide to go back to all the cars already assembled with that part that would have come from the same lot/batch/shipment as the bad part to screen 100% for other defective items.

For anyone familiar with manufacturing processes, this is pretty standard practice for a lot of assembly line operations. The only difference is that the consumer doesn't normally hear about it 99.99% of the time. We only hear about serious safety recalls and of course Solstice production, but only because we are all watching it so closely. You as a consumer would never know that 10,000 VCRs are being held back at a plant somewhere while a QA inspection gets done on them.

·
4,592 Posts
Jeez, I bought my hold-me-over 9 months ago, it's practically an antique now and the Sols are yet to arrive in large numbers :yawn:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Happy but disappointed as well

I am glad to see that Pontiac is taking this car so seriously and ensuring the car is built right. On the other habd I am also tired of waiting like most everyone else. I for one would like to see a pontiac communicate with us and let usknow what exactly is going on. They owe that much to us especially when we all put money down on a car we never sat in or for that matter ever saw other than pictures. I know Pontiac reads this site, so please let us know what is happening.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
lupado said:
I guess quality wasn't a concern when they decided to build this car.
It is a concern, that is why they keep stopping shipments, checking over cars, and bringing them back to look over. If they were not concerned, they would just ship these cars to dealers and let owners take them home with known defects.

Patience is still the key everyone. Yes, I know it is frustrating, disappointing, and maddening to have to continue to wait and not get the answers you want from GM. However, there is anyone can do about it but wait. :grouphug:

1 - 20 of 114 Posts