Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you may know, I am currently deployed to Iraq, and had placed an order for my Solstice through the AAFES Exchange New Car Sales (ENCS) program. Well, I had a chance to get down to the ENCS office in person today and talked to the dealer. (I had dealt with him via email after my frist visit to place the order) The bad news is that ENCS over sold their allocation of 2006 Solstices based on what their projected allocation would be. My order was one of the ones that got dropped. The dealer wouldn't tell me what the exact allocation ended up being, and I'm not sure he has that information anyway, but he said the allocation came in a lot lower than they were expecting. I inquired about the 40 EOP cars that were designated for overseas troops, and he assured me that those 40 cars were good to go, and that some had already been built. That's good news for MSG_McKee and the other 39 folks who got one of the EOP cars.

So, I got my deposit back, and it looks like I'm out of the waiting room and back into the hospital parking lot! :lol:

I've been in email contact several times today with the sales manager at my local Pontiac dealer in Louisiana, and even though his dealership's entire allocation has been spoken for with orders and deposits, he was kind enough to do a lot of calling around on my behalf. Seems that there isn't a dealer with in 500 miles of Shreveport who has any cars allocated that haven't been spoken for yet.

I asked the sales manager if anyone had put down money on a 2007 at his dealership yet, and he said, not at this time. I told him that I would most likely go that route at this point, and will stop in to see him with a check as soon as I get back to the States. So, it looks like I'll be first in line at my local dealership for a 2007 Solstice.

This isn't the best news I've had since I've been here, but as I learned a long time ago, Any day I'm not being shot at is a GOOD day! Just gotta' keep things in perspective.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
sorry to hear that...keep th faith...maybe someone on the forum knows of a dealer who has allocation unaccounted for and can have the car shipped to your local dealer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sorry about the drop, but the bright side is you will probably have all of the options that are not going to be available for the 06s and which you would wished you had: Turbo, hardtop?, lined softtop? and others not yet mentioned or thought about until the public starts driving them and GM gets feedback.

Keep the faith and your head down from a fellow Louisianian.

Trux

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Since GM reads this forum they should definetly help you in trying to locate a dealer that has an allocation available and then have that dealer do a courtesy delivery to your dealer, how about it GM, this is one of our Soldiers so please extend a helping hand, you certainly have the power to do this good deed.
Thanks.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Slim,
I just ran across this thread and wanted to chime in. I wish you could have got yours, but the good news is you will be able to put your name in early for the '07.

I was told by an ENCS person that as long as you reserve it over here, then you can get it in America ... in other words he made it sound like I could have reserved an 07 Solstice (even though the pricing is not out). I was told that you can change options, up until it is pulled to build ... so you could put a grand down before you go to the US and change the order later.

Luckily, I must have been one of the last 40, because I reserved mine not too much before you. I wish I was going home in Sep, because they said that I could have picked it up by late Dec. :(

Ask about the 07 option ... maybe it might work (and you could upgrade to a turbo). Email Eoin Rooney @ the Camp Victory North location. He is great and really fast at returning emails.

Slim ... if you find yourself needing a Sol fix, then look me up. I have family in AL and my blog address is located in my profile.

Good Luck!
MSG McKee

PS: If GM is reading this, then how about a 1st 40 plate? Just a little <$10 plate on the dash (for the OIF / Military orders) ... that would be nice. I do not care about the VIN #, but the inexpensive plate would be a conversational piece.

·
Registered
403 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
PS: If GM is reading this, then how about a 1st 40 plate? Just a little <$10 plate on the dash (for the OIF / Military orders) ... that would be nice. I do not care about the VIN #, but the inexpensive plate would be a conversational piece.
I'm one of the military orders and, since I was not even eligible for the First 1000, totally support MSG_McKee's proposal.

How about a special badge for all the overseas military orders, GM?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Question

Hi all, I am new here and on deployment. There is a question I have about this. I will be in Guam and was planing to order my Solstice then, is there a problem now? This is the first time i have used this NEX over seas car purchase program. I don't need a special number Ijust want to order. thanks.

·
Registered
403 Posts
No problem, just the exchange car sales only got like 40 for the first allocation (or the model year, not sure exactly), so there may be a delay in getting one. Go ahead and talk to an agent, get all your details and options in the system, so if they do become available sooner you just have to drop a deposit and sign the buyer's offer.

If you can wait, drop a deposit on a 2007 turbo model . . .

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry it's taken me a day to get back to this thread...been a little busy the last 24.

Thanks for the input and well wishes. My impression from talking to the ENCS dealer at Balad is that somewhere in the neighborhood of 300+ orders had been taken for the 2006 Solstice, worldwide. As we all know, this car is turning out to be a little different for both the Stateside dealers and the ENCS system in terms of allocation and avaliablity. ENCS simply took more orders than they will be able to fill. I'm just glad I found out about this before heading back home. I'm not bitter with ENCS, I still think it is an outstanding program, and a real benifit for troops stationed overseas.

MSG_McKee said:
I was told by an ENCS person that as long as you reserve it over here, then you can get it in America ... in other words he made it sound like I could have reserved an 07 Solstice (even though the pricing is not out). I was told that you can change options, up until it is pulled to build ... so you could put a grand down before you go to the US and change the order later.[/B]
MSG_McKee,
The ENCS guy at Ballad told me the same thing, but if I'm going to go with a 2007, I think I'll just order it from my local dealer...supports the local economy, and helps me build a relationship that may pay off when I need parts and service.

My replacement got here yesterday (hence, the reason I've been busy) and I'm gonna' be on a plane for home in about two weeks. I think I'll spend some time when I get home and do some leg work. I might still be able to track down a 2006....if not, I can always fall back on being first in line for a 2007.

Great ideas from every one about trying to reserve a Turbo for 2007, but to be honest, I don't think the Turbo is my cup of tea. I'm pretty happy with the power numbers from the base engine, and I think that's what I'll order if I end up going with a 2007.

I agree with you guys getting a special overseas order badge for your Solstices. I think that would be a great conversation piece, and it wouldn't cost the General very much at all. Maybe they could do one of those cool stamped foil decals for the inside of the drivers door jam....come to think of it, maybe we could do something like that for all the Solstice Forum members! The door jam would be a great spot for a Solstice Forum Member decal.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
My replacement got here yesterday (hence, the reason I've been busy) and I'm gonna' be on a plane for home in about two weeks.
Congratulations! Good Luck and Stay Safe. :patriot:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Keep safe and thanks for everything you have done for all of us. Without dedication like yours, and the many like you, none of us would be safe at home. You have a reserved ride in my Solstice anytime you can get to western Pennsylvania. :patriot:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
Keep safe and thanks for everything you have done for all of us. Without dedication like yours, and the many like you, none of us would be safe at home. You have a reserved ride in my Solstice anytime you can get to western Pennsylvania. :patriot:
Absolutely. Thanks for helping to keep the good 'ol USA safe for us all. You guys should be first in line for the Solstice.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Slim,
Congrats ... I hope to be home prior to Feb 06, but who knows. My deposit and paperwork is in Dubai, so I guess I am safe. They forward the order to their NY office, once you fly home. Hopefully I will have my Sol by the end of April.

Take Care

1 - 15 of 15 Posts