Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you know of the issues I've had since having the head gasket done last May, the final chapter is being written now. After complying with the shop's request to put yet another 1000 miles on Kenny, I took him back in for them to deal with. They want another $1000 to go into the engine to see how the oil is going from engine to tail pipe....GM has sort of engaged, but nothing has happened. So I'm taking him home, and parking him. Their repair warranty is not worth the paper it's printed on, obviously. Not another dime will be spent at Bergstrom, anywhere, for anything. My Dad, I'm sure is rolling over in his grave over what GM has become.

:brentil:

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
You might of been better off just buying a used motor. Much cheaper too. I just picked up a used motor with 50k on it for $500.. not sure if you have a 2.4L or 2.0L. Mine was a 2.4L

good with the project.

·
Administrator
9,248 Posts
You might of been better off just buying a used motor. Much cheaper too. I just picked up a used motor with 50k on it for $500.. not sure if you have a 2.4L or 2.0L. Mine was a 2.4L

good with the project.
The original work was done because there was a slight leak In the head gasket....all the MAJOR issues happened AFTER they sent the piece out to another shop. My suspecsion is that they gouged the head, thus began all the problems.

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

good with the project.
I may go that route, don't know at this point, although as much as I was able to pound on the 2.4L, I really don't like the aspect of aluminum engines. Having lived through the Vega days, it left a mistrust in anything less than big iron, especially now.

Now it's the point that their work failed, and in spite of having a 12 month warranty on the work, and reporting every issue from day 1, they are now throwing "chip" "CAI" out as having caused the problems. Ass holes, and as much as I hate bumper stickers, there will be anti Bergstrom decals on display, while I decide how else to pursue this.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems. :( Wich location did you go to... on second thought I just will not go to any of them, for anything!:brentil:

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'm tellin you- soon as this thing blows up, or ceases to be any fun, I'll be heading back to exclusively Japanese/German cars...

·
Retired Free Range Sols
9,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to hear about the problems. :( Wich location did you go to... on second thought I just will not go to any of them, for anything!:brentil:
Yea, I was going to the Neenah location, however, considering that John CEO Bergstrom is most often at the Neenah location, lives in Neenah, and he personally contacted me, and met in person to make certain I knew he was pulling major strings to get my Solstice back in '05 (they officially had no allocation due to never selling Pontiacs at the location), yet they pull this [email protected] here...I'd have even less trust in all his other locations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts