Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06, got the lower front fender Pontiac arrow and GM (square) badge off.

Rear bumper "PONTIAC" and "SOLSTICE" appear to be taped only, no pins.

Can anybody confirm?

Front Pontiac arrow probably will need to stay due to bumprer upset to match shape.

What about rear bumper Pontial arrow, any pins on that one?

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
All three items you mention on the rear panel are taped on. On my '06, under the pontiac vee, there is a small, shallow, rectangular depression. Not very noticeable...

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
:agree: Yep....everything on the rear is taped. I have the same little rectangular depression on mine but you have to look pretty close to notice....

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
If you want an easy way to remove them get a hair drier and some fishing line,warm up the emblem to soften up the sticky stuff then take the fishing line and run it behind the emblem and give it a up and down motion working from one end to the other.I have used this technique for years and it does not damage the paint.

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Dental floss also works well to cut behind emblems

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, back end looks much cleaner without all the badges. Noticed the small indentation also!

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I was mising the Solstice on the 06 and since I could not find a replacement, I decided to remove the Pontiac. however, once I got them off and cleaned the area, I noticed the rear bumper had been painted and the painter taped over the letters so now I have a nice rectangle that is a different shade.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I looked a while back and all I found was jumbo letters. anyway. ORDERED. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
ha, ha. Kung Fu and Gun Smoke were a 2 of my favorites.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts