Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of the instructions on replacing the balancing shafts or chain. I know when I replaced my turbo I found a PDF or the service manual instructions and it was helpful. Not sure thats even what it is yet but I am going to be pulling the timing chain cover this weekend to find out.

I made a thread on the sky forum but nobody seemed to have any answers.
Something is Broken, Car is Vibrating - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Does it vibrate when the car is sitting still? The balance shafts run off the rear chain with the water pump. The shafts are fine, if the chain stretched and maxed out the tensioner causing the chain to jump, a new chain should have indexing (dark colored) links to align with the balance shafts sprocket markings.:jm2c:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has a slight vibration sitting still. It starts vibrating really hard in the pedals and gear stick when I give it gas whether in gear or out of gear.

Hopefully it isn't the shafts and just a chain or a guide that needs replacing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turned out it was a guide to the balancing chain was broke allowing the chain to skip teeth. I put a way more detailed post in the original thread on the Sky forum.

Does anybody know if there is any special procedure for remounting the harmonic balancer/crank pulley.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
just line it up and bolt it on.

MUST USE A NEW BOLT!!!!

the crank pulley bolt is TTY (torque to yeild)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks I will be sure and order one. Its a good thing I didn't just go ahead and remount it with the original.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Good day all,
Having the same issue on my 07 GXP. Any chance you all have a parts list of what is needed (new blot included) to perform this fix?
Thanks so much in advance!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
I would recommend Cloye's.... I think it's part number 9-4201SA (timing kit) and 9-4202S (balancer kit) I think. I can't remember. It's the complete timing chain kit and balancer chain kit. Do both while you're in there...not just 1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts