Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading out there tonight sans family so that I take it all in at my own pace. I'll be there from about 8:00-8:30 until I'm done looking (open 'til 11PM, figure the crowd will be relatively thin on a Thursday night). I'll be wearin' a St. Louis Rams ballcap and glasses in case anyone else is there and wants to say "hi." :cheers
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO KAPPAS there

:mad :brentil: :cuss :cryin :cuss

:rant Just got back. There is NO SOLSTICE , NO SKY

Baltimore was big enough for Porsche to bring a Carerra GT, and for Ford to bring a GT and a convertible mustang, but apparently not big enough for GM to bring a Kappa.

Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed, and I'm kicking myself for not going to the DC and/or Philly show. Looks like the first one I'll see in person will be my own.

I did get on the list to receive some new Solstice literature. Apparently they've just started sending out this stuff. I'm supposed to receive it via FedEx in 5-7 days or something. Maybe it'll have a complete list of options and pics of the car with the top up... then again, maybe monkeys will fly out my butt :rant
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife just reminded me that they even had one at Harrisburg. HARRISBURG!!!! :mad

Of course, she didn't know it would set me off... she just casually mentioned it.

No offense to Harrisburg folks, by the way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mceb said:
Wow, I guess with Philly and Chicago around same time they didn't have coverage for a 3rd show.
Yeah. I guess I was holding false hope that they might roll one down here from Wilmington, maybe show a new color or something.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Yeah. I guess I was holding false hope that they might roll one down here from Wilmington, maybe show a new color or something.
One would think they could find another somewhere :lol
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
When's the NY auto show, I hear they my have the Miata NC there. Maybe since the baltimore show was a bust, you could go to NY???

RODEO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I'll go to that one. Haven't been to NYC yet. Probably should see it before I leave this area (again).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
2KWK4U said:
:mad :brentil: :cuss :cryin :cuss

:rant Just got back. There is NO SOLSTICE , NO SKY

Baltimore was big enough for Porsche to bring a Carerra GT, and for Ford to bring a GT and a convertible mustang, but apparently not big enough for GM to bring a Kappa.

Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed, and I'm kicking myself for not going to the DC and/or Philly show. Looks like the first one I'll see in person will be my own.

I did get on the list to receive some new Solstice literature. Apparently they've just started sending out this stuff. I'm supposed to receive it via FedEx in 5-7 days or something. Maybe it'll have a complete list of options and pics of the car with the top up... then again, maybe monkeys will fly out my butt :rant
MAN, I'm glad you posted this (and just as happy that I checked the forum this morning)! I was going to be leaving home at 9:00 or so to go! I'm VERY disappointed the Solstice is not there, especially since it's featured on the Auto Show website :mad

As I took the day off, I might still go if I feel like blowing $15 ($10 for the show, $5 for parking). Once again, Baltimore is "dissed"!!!
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
2KWK4U said:
:mad :brentil: :cuss :cryin :cuss

:rant Just got back. There is NO SOLSTICE , NO SKY

Baltimore was big enough for Porsche to bring a Carerra GT, and for Ford to bring a GT and a convertible mustang, but apparently not big enough for GM to bring a Kappa.

Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed, and I'm kicking myself for not going to the DC and/or Philly show. Looks like the first one I'll see in person will be my own.

I did get on the list to receive some new Solstice literature. Apparently they've just started sending out this stuff. I'm supposed to receive it via FedEx in 5-7 days or something. Maybe it'll have a complete list of options and pics of the car with the top up... then again, maybe monkeys will fly out my butt :rant
It surprises me they didn’t have a Solstice! There have been a few different models seen at shows. The grey exterior with tan interior car, the all grey/grey car, and the black/grey car. With three, you would think a city as big as Baltimore would have gotten one.

Buffalo also has the Ford GT and Mustang ‘vert, as well as the 2004 NAIAS Ford Shelby Cobra concept!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
533 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Maybe I'll go to that one. Haven't been to NYC yet. Probably should see it before I leave this area (again).
If you take the train, the convention hall is in walking distance to the station. The first time I went I thought about driving but didn't want to hassle with parking in the city.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
2KWK4U said:
:mad :brentil: :cuss :cryin :cuss

:rant Just got back. There is NO SOLSTICE , NO SKY

Baltimore was big enough for Porsche to bring a Carerra GT, and for Ford to bring a GT and a convertible mustang, but apparently not big enough for GM to bring a Kappa.

Needless to say, I'm pretty bummed, and I'm kicking myself for not going to the DC and/or Philly show. Looks like the first one I'll see in person will be my own.

I did get on the list to receive some new Solstice literature. Apparently they've just started sending out this stuff. I'm supposed to receive it via FedEx in 5-7 days or something. Maybe it'll have a complete list of options and pics of the car with the top up... then again, maybe monkeys will fly out my butt :rant
That really stinks but it will make life easier around the house. I'm supposed to start remodeling the bedrooms and closets this weekend.( Now I'll stay out of the doghouse by no going to the car show) Thanks for the info. Now to knock some walls down. :smash:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,691 Posts
XLER8ER said:
That really stinks but it will make life easier around the house. I'm supposed to start remodeling the bedrooms and closets this weekend.( Now I'll stay out of the doghouse by no going to the car show) Thanks for the info. Now to knock some walls down. :smash:
:smash: works after you get a running start and :banghead: into the wall. Did one last winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
2KWK4U said:
I did get on the list to receive some new Solstice literature. Apparently they've just started sending out this stuff. I'm supposed to receive it via FedEx in 5-7 days or something. Maybe it'll have a complete list of options and pics of the car with the top up... then again, maybe monkeys will fly out my butt
2K - I got on the list, too. A nice woman named Joanne was on the floor, and after listening to me bemoan the missing Solstice at the show, she took my info on her PalmPilot. She did say the information booklets would be complete - options, paint choices, etc. When I asked if I could take that book to my dealer and order, she said "Yes, that's what it's for."

BTW, she also said that the probable reason the Solstice was not at Baltimore was because of simultaneous other shows, such as Chicago, which she knew had the black one. :(

Oh, and THANKS for the phone call warning me about the Solstice not being at Baltimore. It was nice knowing in advance - also probably a good thing because I would have vented in public instead of at home yesterday morning! :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SolsticeWaiting said:
2K - I got on the list, too. A nice woman named Joanne was on the floor, and after listening to me bemoan the missing Solstice at the show, she took my info on her PalmPilot. She did say the information booklets would be complete - options, paint choices, etc. When I asked if I could take that book to my dealer and order, she said "Yes, that's what it's for."

BTW, she also said that the probable reason the Solstice was not at Baltimore was because of simultaneous other shows, such as Chicago, which she knew had the black one. :(

Oh, and THANKS for the phone call warning me about the Solstice not being at Baltimore. It was nice knowing in advance - also probably a good thing because I would have vented in public instead of at home yesterday morning! :rolleyes:
I sure hope she's right about the book. Time to start shopping around!
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top