Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
september 24th Barron's online puts a Porsche Carrerra up against three "other" sports cars. i haven't read it yet, but I've heard the Solstice gets high marks. anybody subscribe to Barron's online? we need someone to post the text.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
cdb said:
september 24th Barron's online puts a Porsche Carrerra up against three "other" sports cars. i haven't read it yet, but I've heard the Solstice gets high marks. anybody subscribe to Barron's online? we need someone to post the text.
I just saw $100,000... I wanted that money... and I came running.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortimir said:
I just saw $100,000... I wanted that money... and I came running.
That would be like back when Jean-Claude Killey would ski in handicapped slalom racing. I don;t recall him ever losing, even giving a 5 second lead in a 20 second race. I know the Porsche Carrera. And you Mr. Fortimer are no Carrera. :lol:

cdb said:
september 24th Barron's online puts a Porsche Carrerra up against three "other" sports cars. i haven't read it yet, but I've heard the Solstice gets high marks. anybody subscribe to Barron's online? we need someone to post the text
Hey, the Solstice finishes in a respectable third place among contenders when compared to a P.C. :glol: It's like Bill Cosby would say at a college that listed itself as being in the top 100 of whatever category, that sure, it could be #100.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
achieftain said:
That would be like back when Jean-Claude Killey would ski in handicapped slalom racing. I don;t recall him ever losing, even giving a 5 second lead in a 20 second race. I know the Porsche Carrera. And you Mr. Fortimer are no Carrera. :lol:

Hey, the Solstice finishes in a respectable third place among contenders when compared to a P.C. :glol: It's like Bill Cosby would say at a college that listed itself as being in the top 100 of whatever category, that sure, it could be #100.
:agree:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
achieftain said:
And you Mr. Fortimer are no Carrera.
I have never understood to this day, and it is most certainly not just you, why at EVERY forum I go to, people always say fortimEr when they say my screen name. :willy:

I just don't understand. I mean, it's clearly FortimIr, and it's even pronounced:

Fort-ihm-eer (long E). *sigh* oh well.

...and I'm glad I'm no Carrera.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortimir said:
I have never understood to this day, and it is most certainly not just you, why at EVERY forum I go to, people always say fortimEr when they say my screen name. :willy:

I just don't understand. I mean, it's clearly FortimIr, and it's even pronounced:

Fort-ihm-eer (long E). *sigh* oh well.

...and I'm glad I'm no Carrera.
Sorry, MIR. (pronounced like Russian Space Station, now a part of the landscape) You know the e and i are only 5 keys and two hands apart on qwerty. I'll pay more attention.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
achieftain said:
Sorry, MIR. (pronounced like Russian Space Station, now a part of the landscape) You know the e and i are only 5 keys and two hands apart on qwerty. I'll pay more attention.
My keyboard has blank keys, so I can't even look to verify that. HA!

All my friends would freak out when I type, because I type almost 140wpm... and so one of the bought me Das Keyboard http://www.daskeyboard.com/ and I love it. I just can't reference things without typing words, 'cause it's all muscle memory.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
LEET! ...F**k the hunters and peckers! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts