Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my mechanic check my battery which has gone dead after period of inactivity and it appears that the battery if fine but there is a 300+ mAmp drain whcih is about 5-10 times what is should be. He feels it might be linked to eh BCM. Any thoughts?

·
Administrator
10,689 Posts
I have had my mechanic check my battery which has gone dead after period of inactivity and it appears that the battery if fine but there is a 300+ mAmp drain whcih is about 5-10 times what is should be. He feels it might be linked to eh BCM. Any thoughts?
How soon after powering the car off was that current measured? Also, what period of inactivity kills the battery.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
2,829 Posts
Doesn’t the car stay energized for 10 minutes or so after turning off for things like power windows and other accessories ?

·
Administrator
10,689 Posts
Doesn’t the car stay energized for 10 minutes or so after turning off for things like power windows and other accessories ?
Yes, there is actually a ramp-down of power consumption as systems go to sleep, and different ones wake up when the door is opened, the key is inserted, and so on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
turns out there was short or something in the OnStar modu le. I don't use OnStar so he disconnected it at the fusebox and the 300 mA drain went away. Can anyone comment on whether the OnStar is involved in anything else important.

·
Administrator
10,689 Posts
turns out there was short or something in the OnStar modu le. I don't use OnStar so he disconnected it at the fusebox and the 300 mA drain went away. Can anyone comment on whether the OnStar is involved in anything else important.
Glad you found the problem.
The module doesn't do anything else, but that fuse might power something else. I will check and post tonight if someone doesn't beat me to it.

·
Administrator
10,689 Posts
Fuse #56 powers the Digital Radio Receiver (XM), Vehicle Communication Interface Module (OnStar), an the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (Keyless Entry).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts