Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not even a year old bought November 2011 put in by Burns. Dead already, whats up with this? I guess it's not a six yr battery.

I know cant blame them for a bad battery.

Have to get wheel wells replaced hope this works out with GM have some one working on this Burns tourked to tight all screw holes breaking apart.

Am I the only one that went to burns to have them break things on my car? there is more but wont get into the other problems they left me.

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
I don't have any complaints with this dealer. They replaced my battery this summer, and the fender was taken off to get to the battery.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seam to be the only one thats had things go wrong with my solstice there. dont know why? Every one I talk with that has used them has had good luck.

So have left car over night, they are checking to see what could have drained the battery. I'm at another dealer in the south, hope to have better luck with them.

·
Super Moderator
7,646 Posts
It isn't real common, but it is possible to have a bad battery out of the box.

·
Premium Member
3,950 Posts
sirwm: What did it cost to have the dealer replace your battery I'm overdue.
in NJ, it was $150 plus tax.

The battery itself was less than $100, but then a labor charge was added for installation. ( removing the fender ).

Also, on the 08, something had to be reprogrammed after the battery swap. This is an 08-unique bug that is documented here on the forum. ( That is why I went to the dealer for the exchange... )

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
I was losing battery charge on my '08 GXP. Wouldn't hold a charge. After installation of a new battery (the original was a bit over 4 years old) and several 'recharges' I started checking for shorts by pulling fuses and checking for current flow with a continuity tester. I discovered that the wires under the driver's seat that power the motor for raising and lowering the seat had rubbed through the insulation and were touching the rail that the seat slides fore and aft on. I left the fuse out for a day or so and no more dead battery. I wrapped the bare spot on the wire with electrician's tape and change the position of the wire. No more problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts