Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see more and more threads involving dead batteries and though it might be a good time to repost some info about a specific problem that exist with the 08 models Solstice and Sky's. For those model years only, the RCDLR module that controls the remote entry fobs and the TPM system will not hold it's programing if the battery is dead or disconnected for and extended period of time. If you replace your battery and your remotes don't work and you have "dashes" in your DIC where you tire pressure numbers should be you will have to go to the dealer to have the RCDLR reprogrammed. Once they reprogram it you will not have this problem again as the new programing is "stored" in the RCDLR module. Again this problem is only effecting the 08 model year.

You can print out this info and take to the dealer.

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu
2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice
2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

Condition
Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.
Cause
These conditions may be caused by the following:

• The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

• The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above.

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

• Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

• Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

• Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Thanks Hoosier, good to know!

My car's battery was dead on the showroom floor when I bought it. The dealer replaced it, so I hope they did the re-program then. If not, I now know what to expect!

·
Premium Member
3,949 Posts
thanks ! :dthumbs:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem after our 2008 Sky Redline sat dormant for almost a year. I took it to our mechanic. He has access to the GM firmware and applied the TSB: flashed the module and reprogrammed the fobs and TPMS for $120. It took about 35 minutes. A little pricey, but I did not want to go to the dealer, and our mechanic is excellent.

buzz

1 - 4 of 4 Posts