Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need direction. My battery won't take charge. My car is an 06, 2.4L. I replaced the battery, starter and alternator because my car wouldn't start. Ultimately I found that the clutch switch was the cause for the car not starting. Now the battery light is on, on the dash. I put a meter on my battery, initially I would have 12.5 volts, I let the car run over a period of time and the volts would drop to 9. I believe if I were to let it run the battery would and the car would stop. Can anyone tell me what I could look at next too possibly solve this issue? Thank you in advance. Oh one more piece of information. When I attach my scan to the port under the steering column, it has no reading at all, it's blank? Also I cleaned the ground connection on the engine.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Sorry, but I think you need to get a mechanic to diagnose that. You maybe messed up installation/wiring when you replaced all the parts.

The only other thing I can suggest is to recheck ALL the wiring to the alternator, battery, starter, and there are multiple earth points... check all those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome Rob and thanks for the response TomatoSoup, I will recheck the wiring again tonight when I get home from work. I hope I find the fix.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked back at the wiring and found that one of the wires weren't attached. It was an orange wire, can someone tell me were this one is attached to?

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Where does the orange wire come from?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure exactly but I see one red wire that's connected on one terminal and a braided type of wire connected to another terminal

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
So the orange wire is near the battery then? As I have a GXP I'm not sure where is goes but in the future remember that you aren't supposed to have wires left over. :willy:

Grab a piece if paper and a pencil and mark down where each wire goes before you start taking things apart.

·
Registered
728 Posts
OR better yet, use your camera and take pics, (my iphone for example has an excellent camera with HQ resolution), that is what we do instead of the ole pencil and paper trick (<<obsolete :D).. I can tell ya, he probably has all the wiring screwed up, lets hope he didn't damage any of the components, especially the alternator with the internal regulators..:willy: or the starter, if he wired the batt wrong it would and could explode.. he needs to get side by side with another Sol, whats he driving a NA or GXP?? OK I see its a NA.. Where are you located? city/state to see if any member is close to you that can assist with his NA, otherwise HE is looking at dealer time to look at the schematics/wiring, AND I might add hope he didn't damage any of the new components which can easily be done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts