Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I had several BAYED events in a row from last Tuesday through Friday. The car was delivered Sunday. Hopefully this is good news for ya.

That said, from other threads I've gotten the impression that BAYED is a very generic event code that means your car moved from one "bay" to another. Could be another state, or the parking lot across the street.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Chris said:
I had several BAYED events in a row from last Tuesday through Friday. The car was delivered Sunday. Hopefully this is good news for ya.

That said, from other threads I've gotten the impression that BAYED is a very generic event code that means your car moved from one "bay" to another. Could be another state, or the parking lot across the street.
I was told by a good source that this past weekend they moved alot of cars across the street.Waiting for shipping.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
What I was told is its sitting there waiting for a carrier to pick it up. Mine was bayed on 9-26 and I was hoping for delivery this past week end and then found out on Friday 9-30 that my sales mans Solstice went from 3000 on the 26th to 4150 on ready to ship on Friday. Now I think I will see my car delivered this week with his car because it seem GM's holding the cars so they can ship multiple cars to each dealer to fill the car carriers.

I'm in Mass to it will ship by truck.

·
Registered
511 Posts
kenf said:
What I was told is its sitting there waiting for a carrier to pick it up. Mine was bayed on 9-26 and I was hoping for delivery this past week end and then found out on Friday 9-30 that my sales mans Solstice went from 3000 on the 26th to 4150 on ready to ship on Friday. Now I think I will see my car delivered this week with his car because it seem GM's holding the cars so they can ship multiple cars to each dealer to fill the car carriers.

I'm in Mass to it will ship by truck.
I hope mine is with yours.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Bayed?

Ours has been bayed a half a dozen times since last Monday-was on a railcar in Ohio last week and nowhere to be found since. I think someone is joyriding in it and parking it back in the same spot each time it is "bayed"! :willy: :willy: :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
My dealer just got off the phone with the DBC and they stated that an entire parking lot of cars was on shipment hold. They thought that the hold would be released soon and I may have my car on Friday. I live only 5-6 hours from the plant, so it is probably being brought directly by truck. Others should be getting cars soon.

This sounds good.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I have this vision of various 'bay' areas that they use near the train depot. As the 'bays' near the trains get emptied they move cars forward closer to the trains to get loaded. I'm betting every time they have to move a car it gets re-'bayed' in the system to keep accurate records of where it is on the way to transport. Now that GM is producing far more Solsti then before they're filling up more 'bays' then they ever did with the EOP cars, so they keep having to move more and more around as they're working up to actually being shipped off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts