Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I must to change the left rear bearing ball of the whell (i think it is the righ word in English:))
I have a 2008 2.4 Solstice.
Anyone know what is the price and if exist a tutorial for changing?
I know much works,but never change a bearing ball.
Sorry for my english and thank you very much!

M.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
I think you are referring to what we would call the "wheel bearing". If so, you can only buy the whole hub assembly that looks like the photo below and is, unfortunately, very expensive. It's easy to change though, only 3 bolts hold it on to the suspension arm. Sometimes these bolts become loose and can seem like the bearing is bad, when it's really just loose. So check that first!

If you really need one, see part #19 here: SUSPENSION/FRONT PART 1. Fits: 2008 Pontiac Solstice TURBO 2 DR CONVERTIBLE | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick (GM part number 10345966)

... and this photo from inside the wheel well, shows the three bolts that hold it in place:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much!!
But i think unfortunately is the whell bearing.
When i drive and turn right ,the noise start .

Thank yoU!!

·
Registered
6,055 Posts
Mario - what is pictured is the wheel bearing. It is all enclosed the that large hub piece. You simply detach the entire hub assembly and replace it.

The bearing can not be replaced separately.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
Mario - what is pictured is the wheel bearing. It is all enclosed the that large hub piece. You simply detach the entire hub assembly and replace it.

The bearing can not be replaced separately.
I think he meant it IS the bearing that has gone, not just that the hub bolts are loose, as I suggested he should check.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts