Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boy, all I can say is it is really hard to get back on the computer with this gorgeous car in our garage! Left the top down overnight in the garage and now the whole garage has that new car smell. Picked up our Bella last night. The dealer was wonderful. They didn't want to take a chance and drive it to the gas station without us so they waited until we got there and rode along to fill her up. Put on about 50 miles right away. The highlight of the evening was driving the car through the competitor's dealership and having the salesmen chase after the car trying to get a look at it. Ended up finally stopping and letting them all check it out. They didn't get a F1K and hadn't received any of their allocation yet so there was a lot of envy oozing there. Nice. We did leave the top down for a bit right away and cranked up the heat. That works pretty well. Not sure if people were looking at us because it was cold out and we had the top down, OR because it was such a beautiful car---I'm guessing the beauty!!!!

Put on another 100 miles today. It's just way toooooo much fun to stop. We are like that car commercial where the husband and wife are always fighting and sneaking out of the house first to get to drive the car. Sure hope we have some warmer weather before the snow flies. Would love to drive a bit more with the top down. So, as it has been mentioned many times before, IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!! Time to go---I think we can get a few more miles on tonight!

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
It gets better the longer you drive. After the break-in the car really comes into it's own. Have fun and remember the Sol is to be driven!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Jerry Valley said:
Boy, all I can say is it is really hard to get back on the computer with this gorgeous car in our garage! Left the top down overnight in the garage and now the whole garage has that new car smell. Picked up our Bella last night. The dealer was wonderful. They didn't want to take a chance and drive it to the gas station without us so they waited until we got there and rode along to fill her up. Put on about 50 miles right away. The highlight of the evening was driving the car through the competitor's dealership and having the salesmen chase after the car trying to get a look at it. Ended up finally stopping and letting them all check it out. They didn't get a F1K and hadn't received any of their allocation yet so there was a lot of envy oozing there. Nice. We did leave the top down for a bit right away and cranked up the heat. That works pretty well. Not sure if people were looking at us because it was cold out and we had the top down, OR because it was such a beautiful car---I'm guessing the beauty!!!!

Put on another 100 miles today. It's just way toooooo much fun to stop. We are like that car commercial where the husband and wife are always fighting and sneaking out of the house first to get to drive the car. Sure hope we have some warmer weather before the snow flies. Would love to drive a bit more with the top down. So, as it has been mentioned many times before, IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!! Time to go---I think we can get a few more miles on tonight!
Congratulations!!!! :party: :cheers: :party: I'm so glad that you finally got your lost Sol and that it was worth the wait. It is after reading reviews like yours that I decide to wait on my Sol. I've been putting bids down on Ebay lately for used Porsches ,as I've been so frustrated. I'm so glad that you are satisfied :yesnod: now that you have your car home....

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mssleepr---you have to wait!!! I know how easy it is to become discouraged and if I had your early VIN number I would be dead by now because I would have driven my husband to murder. I HAVE NO PATIENCE. When I called the Pontiac customer service the week before they were atleast able to track it to Lordstown. Have you tried that route lately? Then my husband tracked down and talked to one of the truck drivers that was delivering a load of cars (nonSolstice but GM) and got the dispatch phone number---then he was able to call and find out if they had received it from the train yet. Just a few suggestions..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
It gets better the longer you drive. After the break-in the car really comes into it's own. Have fun and remember the Sol is to be driven!
I love to see you write this but can you quantify? Tighter handling? Quicker pick-up? What improvements do you see - I'm at 200 miles!

Thanks,
IS300toSOLSTICE

·
Registered
145 Posts
IS300toSOLSTICE said:
I love to see you write this but can you quantify? Tighter handling? Quicker pick-up? What improvements do you see - I'm at 200 miles!

Thanks,
IS300toSOLSTICE
Could be a combination of the components settling in together and the driver getting used to the layout and feel of the car. Gotta learn where all the switches, handles, feel of shift, and handling.

"Ues the force, become one with the car, young jedi"

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
See how the new arrivals take the folks away from the forum! They only sneak back late at night, or when it gets nasty outside! Congrats, I'm patiently waiting-been putting off even checking the status, but will on Thursday-if I don't hear from my dealer first!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
think positive! You and Scott are the 2 still waiting here in Wisconsin---gotta bring the babies home. Looks like they are coming faster now so maybe your wait won't be as long.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Congrats Jerry Valley! :)

Hope to be right behind you soon, here in Ohio. See my signature below.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Jerry Valley said:
think positive! You and Scott are the 2 still waiting here in Wisconsin---gotta bring the babies home. Looks like they are coming faster now so maybe your wait won't be as long.
Well, I'm heading down to Indiana in a couple of weeks, maybe three, so there's a shipping opportunity there, and then back down over Thanksgiving, so Pontiac has a couple of prime opps to sneak it in while I'm out of town!
Barring those two, I may have to fly out to California in Dec, so Pontiac, there's your options!!

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
Congratulations, enjoy your new ride. :party:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Jerry, when you take a spin up nort-derr-hey be sure to stop in. Mad Chemist was here from Grand Rapids last Saturday. Yes, its hard to pull yourself away! Even harder to get back into the truck. I never realized how sloppy it drived!

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Congratulations, Jerry Valley. Hope you get a bunch of nice days with the top down.

mssleepr and others:

You might want to call Jack Cooper Transport to check on your Solstice if it is in transit.

Their number is 816-983-4000, ask for dispatch. Tell them you want to check on a new car in transit. They will ask for your VIN 3rd digit and last 7 digits, then give you some information on where it is.

Ask them where it will be unloaded and ask for the phone number for that location. Then call that number to get a better idea of delivery date.

Not for all states, and their 888 number and email don't work, but here's their website:

http://jackcooper.com/areas.asp

·
5,600 Posts
Excuse me, but... PICS!!!! :D

Congratulations on living the dream.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts