Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
What did you use on the top of the fender liners?
Houston... I think I have an idea... :D

Love the color. Not so sure about the foil. It's definitely performance > looks, which I approve of. Is there any real benefit to removing the grill?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
That is seriously green. What did you use on the top of the fender liners?
DEI Reflect a Gold. to reflect heat. The fenders were for the pop factor as well in shows.

Houston... I think I have an idea... :D

Does work well intake temp is down and coolent as well.

The Gold isn't for everyone but the gold is the better version for heat reflecting vs the silver. I alway said car was built for performance first and looks second. Removing the grill was again more for a clean look then anything. But in Ontario we must have a front plate and I wanted it off to the side and this allowed for the intercooler and rad to get that much more air to it. But never tested any differeance.

love the paint job, not sure about the gold under the hood but still looks really good!
Thanks. But its not paint is vinyl. Also understand about the Gold thanks again.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I really like the color! I had a Dodge Neon, back in the day, that was just about that same color. It's an acquired taste ;)
PS-Sorry about the crappy Sol/Neon comparison! :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wrap. The logos are plasti dipped and accents. The A piller etc are all wrapped.98% done.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks. But its not paint is vinyl. Also understand about the Gold thanks again.
Performance > Looks
I understand completely

I plan on looking into vinyl wrap, my friend of a friend owns a business that does wraps, i dont know alot of info about it but i plan on checking it out

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Seen lots done and assisted in this one. Great new tech works well and good stuff saves the paint just fine.

·
Registered
5,067 Posts
I'm loving the green...a lot!! Nice job JP!!!

Looks fantastic!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
350 Posts
love the color!!

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
How well does the Cryo2 sprayer kit work? Do you have the CO2 or just water?

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Works well and I use both Water and the CO2. The new sprayer for water is even better lots of issues worked out on it.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Works well and I use both Water and the CO2. The new sprayer for water is even better lots of issues worked out on it.
Awesome. I was looking a few youtube videos on it. Looks like a great addition for anyone with an intercooler. Can you run just water if you don't want the CO2 bottle?

I would likely use it for cooling the car down on hot Oklahoma days and on cool down laps at the track.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome. I was looking a few youtube videos on it. Looks like a great addition for anyone with an intercooler. Can you run just water if you don't want the CO2 bottle?

I would likely use it for cooling the car down on hot Oklahoma days and on cool down laps at the track.
Water sure thing. or windshield water fluid works well too. But water cheaper.

STI's used to use the water sprayer all the time.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Water sure thing. or windshield water fluid works well too. But water cheaper.

STI's used to use the water sprayer all the time.
That's awesome. I may do this. Yeah I remember the STI's having a button to spray the I/C. Not really meant for gaining HP as much as to simply cool the vehicle down after hard racing. Watched a youtube video of a V6 Mustang with the CO2. Only gained 4hp on the dyno. BUT, it looks badass when they spray. I'm sure yours does as well. Talk about intimidating someone at the lights. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts