Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how the windscreen will be installed behind the driver/passenger heads? What wil it fasten too? Also, is there a decent picture of it anywhere on the forum?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Windscreen

Look in the gallery. The first pic of accessories is posted. There is a pic of the windscreen which is item C.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I was under the impression that the 'rake' of the car made a windscreen unnecessary, because you sit so low.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I guess I really don't even understand how it would work?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Editguy said:
I guess I really don't even understand how it would work?
I don't know if this was your question but here it goes:
As air flows over and around the car (windshield) it causes the air to spin down and back into the passenger area. So, in other words, the wind blows in from behind your head. The windscreen cuts down on this backpressure.
Does that help?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
SD SOL said:
As air flows over and around the car (windshield) it causes the air to spin down and back into the passenger area. So, in other words, the wind blows in from behind your head. The windscreen cuts down on this backpressure.
Does that help?
Yep, that helps. I guess the reason I didn't understand is that my 65 Malibu really doesn't have a lot of problem with wind from behind, but maybe it's because its a bigger car. I know if you're riding in the back seat you get blown to pieces. Guess I'll wait and see what the Solstice feels like before I worry about a purchase like that.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SD SOL said:
Does that help?
Actually, I am trying to understand how it actually connects to the car. I have had a couple of roadsters and the windscreen really helps. The roll bar is often the connection point, but with the Solstice, I was wondering what it would actually anchor onto...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wannasolstice2 said:
Look in the gallery. The first pic of accessories is posted. There is a pic of the windscreen which is item C.
Yes, I saw that earlier, but it's a pretty poor picture. I was hoping there was a full colour, higher res pic out thre somewhere... thanks anyway, though.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Danno said:
Actually, I am trying to understand how it actually connects to the car. I have had a couple of roadsters and the windscreen really helps. The roll bar is often the connection point, but with the Solstice, I was wondering what it would actually anchor onto...
It appears to attach inside/under the rear decklid - at least it's sitting in the gap. I can't believe there would be enough room to do it, but there it is. :skep:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Of course I have short hair, but I've driven one and I dont think I'll be getting a windscreen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
GradSoulStice said:
Of course I have short hair, but I've driven one and I dont think I'll be getting a windscreen.
:agree:

i dont really like the look of this windscreen. i would buy one if it was a short stubby piece of glass between the headrests, but not the big gaudy thing they have in that pic.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wind Screen

When I was speaking with the GM Line manager in Portland I asked about the rear wind screen. He said the car was designed not to really need one until you got up over 80 mph :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Out2Launch said:
When I was speaking with the GM Line manager in Portland I asked about the rear wind screen. He said the car was designed not to really need one until you got up over 80 mph :)
Then let's forget the wind screen, it looks ridiculous. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My Miata has a flip up wind screen. I've used it maybe a dozen times in four years. It really doesn't make a big difference on my car. I'd rather have my hair messed up and tell everyone it means I was driving over 80 MPH. :lol:

·
Registered
990 Posts
I wonder why they don't put a permanent one in like the one in my S2K?
It really does help with the back pressure.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
After looking them over, I wouldn't have one. I think they look goofy. I've ridden in a convertible for 30 years, and to me the wind is just part of the experience. It's never even been anything I'vegiven any real thought to, 'cept when I rode in the back seat. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
I like the Tonneau cover. Not sure how much that windscreen could help as it essentially sits next to your head and slightly behind.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I don't like the looks of the windscreen on that car. Somehow to me, it just doesn't look right. I don't mind a little windblown hair, hell, that's all part of owning a convertible! I do like that tonneau cover though...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts