Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A CBS special that airs in LA on Jan 8th @6pm

I'm pretty sure they showed the solstice in the commercial, but not sure. either way, it will be fun to watch.

not sure if this will help those of you outside of LA, but passing it along for those that have access.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Oh, it BETTER happen for those of us not in LA! :cuss :cuss

Sounds very cool. Hopefully CBS does the right thing and broadcasts it nationally! :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Do you know, or can you find out if this is a local affiliate station only or is it going to be a nation wide network feed? Thanks.

·
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why don't some of you try searching in http://tv.yahoo.com/ for your local areas and see if you can get a hit for the name "behind the wheel", hope it shows up. I'll tape the show, and if anything good comes up on the solstice/sky, I'll transfer it to digital and post.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Nothing for my cable. DISH and DIRECT came up..guess they get LA feed for KCBS.

·
Registered
110 Posts
La Auto Show Cbs

Thanks if I'm not at the auto show that day I will be watching the CBS special. Also for you people that are not in LA (count your blessings j/k) there is a cable channel called Speed. They always have the auto shows on it. Tonight they are suppose to have the Florida auto show on.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Nope, nothing coming up for my local listings.

Pammysolstice, Speed generally doesn't have the autoshows on right away, do they? I thought they usually aired their autoshow specials a little after the fact. Maybe I never pay close enough attention to when they first air them.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah you are right

Hey it's funny you say that. I watched the Miami autoshow(on speed) last night and it was an old one =( They need to be more up to date

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Pammysoltice said:
Thanks if I'm not at the auto show that day I will be watching the CBS special. Also for you people that are not in LA (count your blessings j/k) there is a cable channel called Speed. They always have the auto shows on it. Tonight they are suppose to have the Florida auto show on.
Yeah, I was going to ask which Florida auto show. Because the Orlando one was over a month and a half ago, and the Tampa one was two months ago.

The SEMA one was the closest to the actual show date I've ever seen them do one. And that was the Sunday after the show ran mon-fri.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
SPEED is always behind with their car show programs. Right now it seems like they are re-running them all for end of year in review kind of thing.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
mceb said:
SPEED is always behind with their car show programs. Right now it seems like they are re-running them all for end of year in review kind of thing.
ESPN-2 has run some autoshow coverage over the course of the year too. I first noticed their Detroit coverage sometime in the spring when the weather was getting nice again. Maybe April/May timeframe. Definitely long after the show. I even think it was hosted by C Van Tune, who used to be the editor in chief of Motor Trend.

Someone had some SEMA coverage on a few weeks ago. It may have been Spike sometime over the weekend. Maybe they will get some quick Detroit/LA coverage on TV.

·
Registered
667 Posts
A real wild card in car show coverage is CNBC. Once the NAIAS gets going they will do a couple of segments of the cool cars and those that will have an impact on the American marketplace. The first coverage is on their morning program Squawk Box. The specific segment is called "outside the box" hosted by Mike Hegedus. He usually goes out on the floor and sits in the cars that he likes and talks about them. Sometimes he talks to the project engineer that lead the design team.

More info on "Outside the Box":
Outside the Box

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Chip said:
A real wild card in car show coverage is CNBC. Once the NAIAS gets going they will do a couple of segments of the cool cars and those that will have an impact on the American marketplace. The first coverage is on their morning program Squawk Box. The specific segment is called "outside the box" hosted by Mike Hagisus (sp) He usually goes out on the floor and sits in the cars that he likes and talks about them. Sometimes he talks to the project engineer that lead the design team.
Is this show on weekday mornings? Maybe its time for me to invest in a Tivo, or just be really late to work every morning for a couple weeks! :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
The 2005 LA show will be on the Speed Channel Jan 12th (part 1) and Jan 13th (part 2).

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
tcl said:
The 2005 LA show will be on the Speed Channel Jan 12th (part 1) and Jan 13th (part 2).
Great, thanks TCL :D

·
Registered
667 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Is this show on weekday mornings? Maybe its time for me to invest in a Tivo, or just be really late to work every morning for a couple weeks! :D
Once they shoot the show it gets shown several times a day, but it is first shown in the morning between 7:00-10:00 EST. If I hear it mentioned beforehand I will post a date.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the show dates tcl! I'll have to tune in! :yesnod

Chip, I'll probably just have to set the VCR to record the whole episode, and search through it later in the day for the autoshow spot. I guess its time to figure out how to work the thing again! :D .

·
Registered
667 Posts
Ff88; Check out my edited post on the first page for a little more info. on the "Outside the Box" segment on CNBC.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks Chip! Looks like he is also on Saturday evenings. I'm going to try and remember to catch!

Hey, I see he worked locally too at one point in his career!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Fformula88 said:
You will always look upon the day you bought a tivo as one of the best days of your life.... o.k., not really, but Tivo does rule.

I'm active at www.tivocommunity.com

My handle there is spelcheker. With all the Tivo stuff that's happening right now, transferring shows to your computer etc.., that forum is really popping. Between that and the Detroit auto show, I probably won't be getting much done for awhile.

If any of you ever decide to get a Tivo, I'd appreciate a referral when you sign up. IM me sometime and I'll talk your ears off.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts