Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
First time posting here, always used the forums before for information and its been so helpful.

I purchased a 2007 2.4l solstice that has just hit 100k miles and have done multiple upgrades on it.

2 stage clutch upgrade, full catback exhaust from magnaflow, cat delete, enkei rims with all season tires (after I spun out on the highway from balding tires) custom aftermarket shifter, steering wheel, fully custom Memphis sound system with a 10in sub in a custom fiberglass box behind the passenger seat. A few more but I cant remember off the top of my head.

Anyways, im looking at either getting a standalone ecu or some software to tune the stock ecu. The issue is, i do not want to buy a software or standalone that i cant upgrade the engine with. Within the next year I have plans of rebuilding the engine and adding either a turbocharger or supercharger. In the mean time I want to upgrade the ecu and maybe tune it a bit.

Keep in mind I do everything myself but when it comes to tuning I havent the slightest clue so I will take it to a professional.

I currently am rebuilding an 83 porsche 944 so my money and resources are split but the plan is to rebuild the sosltice and charge it after the porsche is done so it can be my daily for awhile.

Any help is appreciated, if there are any questions I will be sure to answer to the best of my ability!

Thank you,
Stephen Weiler

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Search the forum for "HP tuners". It's software that you can use to custom tune your car. It costs money in 'tokens' that equate to performing the tune upgrade, and there are a wealth of tuners who use it and can tune your car for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Search the forum for "HP tuners". It's software that you can use to custom tune your car. It costs money in 'tokens' that equate to performing the tune upgrade, and there are a wealth of tuners who use it and can tune your car for you.
Will do! Thank you!

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Bear in mind that the improvements to be expected with a tune are rather limited on the 2.4 engines. You might be better off to just pay the money on a tune that someone else created and leave it at that unless you like tinkering. There are several tuners out there that sell tunes.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
There are a couple of turbo aftermarket kits and the DDM supercharger kit. All come with a tune customized for your engine and mods, and will update the tune based on your logs. You will need an HP Tuner (recommended) or a Trifecta cable to program your ECM and log runs after each change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts