Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok since I have had such a good response from the Dumb salesperson thread I thought I woud give a Good Salesperson experience a shot...

Well since I started the last one I will start out with one...
since this was the latest I will post it first. Back in March of 2004 i was in the market for a new truck, I wanted just a base Silverado with Air and Cruise and an am-fm-cd and automatic V6... I searched on my own all the local Chevy dealers and did not find one, I first went to the one here in town... they would not even look for one like I wanted... so I went to a town about 20 miles from here, and talked to the salesman, he said we don;t have one here like that, but let me see if i can find you one... 5 minutes later he came out with a paper that had 3 different ones , but only one was exactly what i was looking for... he then had the used car manager look at my trade, I had done research and knew what the value of my truck was and what the cost of theirs would be... Their first offer was within 100 dollers of what I had in mind... not to quibble over 100 dollars I made the deal and he said that he would send someone to get the other truck the next day... well when that truck came in it had a scatch on the drivers door, instead having the paint shop fix it and selling me that truck he said he wouldn't accept it that way, he said one of the other trucks on the list he had was still available and he sent for that truck... well that truck had two options on it I wasn't looking for and was 500 dollars higher than the truck I made the deal on... But he said they would still let me have that truck for the deal we made. I said I would split the cost of the options if they wanted and he said no it wasn't my fault the other truck was not acceptable.. Now that is what I call a good Salesman. and Dealership.
PS they did not charge any Doc fees or any other add ons either

·
Registered
337 Posts
Found the F-150 truck I wanted on the FORDweb with all the options I wanted 300 hundred miles away. Called my sales guy (Fleet Mgr.) who I have been working with for years - it was Wed. afternoon. I was signing the paper work that Friday morning - Fleet price, no pickup & delivery charge, and a big cup of joe waiting when I got there. Now that is a great sale & salesperson experience. Three months later he got my Wife's car the same way and terms - he knows how to keep a customer happy!!!!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:party:
SolTex said:
Found the F-150 truck I wanted on the FORDweb with all the options I wanted 300 hundred miles away. Called my sales guy (Fleet Mgr.) who I have been working with for years - it was Wed. afternoon. I was signing the paper work that Friday morning - Fleet price, no pickup & delivery charge, and a big cup of joe waiting when I got there. Now that is a great sale & salesperson experience. Three months later he got my Wife's car the same way and terms - he knows how to keep a customer happy!!!!
why can;t they all be that way???

·
Registered
990 Posts
They sure would sell more cars and trucks if they behaved in this fashion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts