Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Now that summer has arrived and everyone is out washing and waxing, what have you found is the best wax product on the market for our Sol's? Have to keep this Aggressive lookin hot!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I can NU_FINISH the entire car in less than an hour - I do it about once a month - sometimes apply Gold Finish wax over the top. I use the Turtle wax clear for spot detailing.

Ron

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Eagle One Nano Wax I use for shows because it conceals swirls, and I use McGuire's wax about twice a month. I'm soon to be ordering Gary's products though. :yesnod:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
This has been discussed at length many many many times check the detail forum. There is no right answer by the way. But you can't go wrong with Gary's products. Perfect Auto Finish

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I agree with lil goat....you can't go wrong with Gary's products. When I put Gary's products to my car, it looks better than the day I picked it up from the dealer (except for the 41K's worth of stone chips and side body wear :willy: )

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gary's products

Can someone tell me where to find "Gary's products?" I did not find anything like that on the Internet. Thanks.

·
Registered
884 Posts
This has been discussed at length many many many times check the detail forum. There is no right answer by the way. But you can't go wrong with Gary's products. Perfect Auto Finish
Everything has already been discussed at length many, many times. If this forum lived on new subjects alone there would be very little posted. It is like reruns on TV--if you have not seen the show before, it is not a rerun!

Gary will tell you to forget the wax because it melts at a little over 100 degrees and that is why he says to go with his sealer which lasts much longer than wax, and does not melt unless the temps are off the chart.

·
Registered
230 Posts
try optimum polish and spray carnauba. Apply by hand or PC machine over enire car, then remove with the spray wax and a good MF towel. It's quicker, easier, and gives a better shine than the perfect auto finish stuff. If you really want it to stay hot, on top of that, apply some PS21 or Pinnacle Souverain Carnauba. It's also quick and easy, just be sure to use VERY little product.

·
Registered
89 Posts
After reading the replies to your question, it kind of reminds me of when I lived in Kansas City and asked a group of people “what’s the best place to get BBQ in town”.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
....UNQUESTIONABLY the best polish/wax

...is the one you will actually use. I have a garage full of products, including Zaino, Meguilar's, Simonize, Mother's, Mr. Clean, Turtlewax. Which is best? Right now Turtlewax Ice, because it is easy so I actually use it.

If you LIKE polishing your car, Zaino is great, since you will spend alot of time doing it. Me, I like to see it after it's done. And sometimes I have it hand washed and waxed for $25 at a drug half-way house. They do a great job so far (although personnel are always changing). I asked what they used and was told just regular carnuba wax. The nice thing about ICE is it claims it will eat into and level your last wax/polish, so you don't have to strip it off. Sounds good (i.e. easy) to me. Oh yeah, and you can use it in the sun (although you can't use their carwash in the sun...found that out the hard way).
:cool:

·
Registered
439 Posts
...is the one you will actually use. I have a garage full of products, including Zaino, Meguilar's, Simonize, Mother's, Mr. Clean, Turtlewax. Which is best? Right now Turtlewax Ice, because it is easy so I actually use it.

If you LIKE polishing your car, Zaino is great, since you will spend alot of time doing it. Me, I like to see it after it's done. And sometimes I have it hand washed and waxed for $25 at a drug half-way house. They do a great job so far (although personnel are always changing). I asked what they used and was told just regular carnuba wax. The nice thing about ICE is it claims it will eat into and level your last wax/polish, so you don't have to strip it off. Sounds good (i.e. easy) to me. Oh yeah, and you can use it in the sun (although you can't use their carwash in the sun...found that out the hard way).
:cool:
Ditto here, I use the Turtle Wax ICE system, claybar, and ICE Gel, spot clean with the detailer ICE spray and it looks good, lasts.

·
Premium Member
1,446 Posts
TJFOX got me onto Buffalo Milke! It is clear and the shine is out of this world:cool: .....Can be used as detailer spray also!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Consumer Reports rated Black Magic polish as the polish with the longest endurance.

I have used up a bottle of it in the last year, It does hold up. $6. ;)

Mitch:cool:

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I bought the lastest "Miracle wax" at a race on Saturady, I haven't tried it yet it's called Frenzy. I have tons of stuff and use only one parameter to judge. They will all make your car look good, but will thay stop WATER SPOTS! So far a good sealant, and a weekly coat of Perfect Auto Finish Poly Seal Spray is working for me. But I will continue to keep looking for easier better. So far I like the Poly Seal spray better than anything else for a touch up shine. Takes maybe 10 minutes to do the whole car.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts