Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from my dealer to check to check my statis on my order.In july i changed the cars inside to two tone.The dealer said i droped to the bottom of his first allocation because i made a change on the inside. I am still on the first 7000 this year but people who ordered after me got a build date before me.If you make changes to the car before it has a production date it could set you back. :cuss:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
dave clancy said:
Just got back from my dealer to check to check my statis on my order.In july i changed the cars inside to two tone.The dealer said i droped to the bottom of his first allocation because i made a change on the inside. I am still on the first 7000 this year but people who ordered after me got a build date before me.If you make changes to the car before it has a production date it could set you back. :cuss:
how can you determine if you are in the magical 7k number....within a dealers allocation????

did you change the order before it was picked up by GM for production???

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I made the change before i had production date.The dealer says he is for sure i am still the magic 7000.I hope he is telling me the truth.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Another Dishonest Dealer!

dave clancy said:
Your Dealer is a Liar. If your order hasn't been picked up by GM, no one except the dealer can change your allocation spot. He probably lowered you on the list and gave your space to someone else. Again, if he told you this, he is a Liar! :brentil:

·
Registered
8,257 Posts
I asked the question earlier this week of SD

once it is allocated in order to make a change it has to go back to the dealership and it pulls you out of your spot.

I'll let Small Dealer give a second re-cap on this

I wanted to change the wheels to polished Aluminum...from painted
but will NOT do this because I don't want to lose my place in line

SD over to you (I listened to you , man !!!)

·
5,641 Posts
From druid-2's reply

"To answer your question. Yes it is almost impossible to change and order after it has been "picked up" or Preferenced/Event Code #2500. Once into the #3000 group, the only way to change would be to start over again"

As far as Dave's situation. He ordered in May and was told he was 8 out of 12 in his dealership's Estimated First Four Month Allocation. There should have been no way that his order was already "picked-up" in July. (Since there was only the one regular allocation in June and none in July) So a change in his interior should have no effect as far as his standing with GM/Pontiac. Only the dealer could have moved him backwards.

If now 12 of 12 in the Estimated First Four Month Allocation, and with the recent press about a reduction in the amount of cars built this calander year, it may be possible that you are not one of this calander years production. Not a big chance but a chance still.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Small Dealer said:
From druid-2's reply

"To answer your question. Yes it is almost impossible to change and order after it has been "picked up" or Preferenced/Event Code #2500. Once into the #3000 group, the only way to change would be to start over again"

As far as Dave's situation. He ordered in May and was told he was 8 out of 12 in his dealership's Estimated First Four Month Allocation. There should have been no way that his order was already "picked-up" in July. (Since there was only the one regular allocation in June and none in July) So a change in his interior should have no effect as far as his standing with GM/Pontiac. Only the dealer could have moved him backwards.

If now 12 of 12 in the Estimated First Four Month Allocation, and with the recent press about a reduction in the amount of cars built this calander year, it may be possible that you are not one of this calander years production. Not a big chance but a chance still.
Small Dealer
I placed my order on 6/16. I got the dreaded leather restraint call from my dealer but opted to wait. He says it would be an additional month. I was second of eight in their four month allocation. I' sure that's changed. I gave cadillaccricket my vom and he says nothing is coming up (bad vom). If my order has not been picked up yet, will my vom even come up?

·
Registered
182 Posts
he is not being honest. I did the same thing in July and my tpw is this week.

·
5,641 Posts
Solstice baby said:
Small Dealer
I placed my order on 6/16. I got the dreaded leather restraint call from my dealer but opted to wait. He says it would be an additional month. I was second of eight in their four month allocation. I' sure that's changed. I gave cadillaccricket my vom and he says nothing is coming up (bad vom). If my order has not been picked up yet, will my vom even come up?
Here is the link to the site's Constraint Sticky Thread. See how the dates match up with your order:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4736
Would think that you would have been picked up by now.

As far as you VOMS order number, it should be generated when the order is placed in the dealership order bank. Dosen't require the order to have been "picked-up".

Is the VOMS order number you have, six characters/numbers? Does it start with "J"? Have you tried asking the dealership to give it to you again?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Small Dealer
Yes, my vom is six characters and it does start with a J. According to the restraint thread you provided me with, it should definetly have been picked up by now. It was
the salesmanager / owner that called me about the restraint, not the actual salesman.
So now instead of asking the salesman a third time, I'll ask the salesmanager! Thanks for the much needed info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts