Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order for my Solstice after absolutely falling in love with the car. I had to track down a dealer that could still place an order, and I couldn't imagine the hassle of finding someone who could actually place the order.

But I think the biggest change will be, well the change from my current vehicle (which I will still keep) to the new Solstice.

It might take some getting used to:

My old car: 21 feet and 2 tons empty
http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/j/a/jam544/vorpal/carpic/Caddyfront1.jpg

At least they are both rear wheel drive ;)

·
4,592 Posts
Don't worry, the Solstice is almost that big :jester:

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
thewizard said:
I placed an order for my Solstice after absolutely falling in love with the car. I had to track down a dealer that could still place an order, and I couldn't imagine the hassle of finding someone who could actually place the order.

But I think the biggest change will be, well the change from my current vehicle (which I will still keep) to the new Solstice.

Almost as big as my current daily driver - picture linked from My Solstice Photos or Pics, lol. But the Sol will be about the same size as my old daily driver, couple of pics also in my album, or will be once 'approved'.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Gotta luv that Caddy. Ive always loved land-yachts. It should be great having the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
245 Posts
that is one good looking caddy...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Black Caddy.....

thewizard said:

That Caddy looks Spooky! What type of business are you in? Uh, you don't deal with like uh, dead bodies? :willy:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Welcome and congratulations!

Welcome to the forum! I'm glad you found this wonderful place. All of the members, almost to a person, are a great bunch of folks.

Yup, most of us went through the same trouble finding a dealer, but you found one, so you're persistence has paid off! Congratulations.

It is inevitable with a low volume car as stylish and attractively priced as the Solstice that they will be a bit hard to find. But, it's not every day that a wild amazing design makes it from the drawing board to a concept car. It's even more rare when the concept goes almost straight into production with the most subtle of cosmetic changes.

Detroit builds the best cars in the world, the trouble is they're only concept cars, and seldom see the light of day as a regular production vehicle.

Bottom line, you've experienced the same effect that almost everyone of us had, the Solstice looks great in pictures, and even better in person. It truly is a triumph for an advanced design & concept process that all too often seems to be completely ignored by the very car company that commissioned the designs, much to the chagrin of the designers and the public who fell in love with the beautiful designs they saw in concepts.

Anyway, congrats again, and welcome. It's good to have you aboard! :thumbs:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts