Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my "confirmation" call while on vacation in Cal. I answered all the questions correctly until the last question concerning family members working at GM. My son works there and I said so. They said I was "INELIGIBLE" for that reason. I did not have all my paperwork with me and could not question the ruling.

I am now home and cannot find any requirement for rejection because I am a family member (parent) of a GM employee.

Anybody have any feedback on this. I am really p---ssed about this right now. I have Bob Lutz's E mail address and am ready to sent a nasty message.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Right in the Early Order Rules, no family members

The answer to your question is that the restriction on families of GM employees is in the terms that you agreed to by clicking a check box when you registered for your EOP unique ID.

The site has been pulled down, but I printed out a copy from the original URL: http://www.pontiac.com/apprentice/terms.jsp

Here's the quote (Now, I'm retyping this, so I'll try not to make small typographical errors):
http://www.pontiac.com/apprentice/terms.jsp said:
Who is Eligible to Participate: Offer is available only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age with a valid U.S. driver's license. Customers must meet credit or financing approval requirements. Purchasers must be individuals or companies located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia purchasing a vehicle for personal use or primary business use and registration in the United States. Persons or parties (or their agents) engaged in the business of reselling, brokering (including but not limited to buying services) or wholesaling motor vehicles are not eligible to purchase. Employees, officers, and directors of General Motors Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, Dealerships, advertising and promotion agencies, and those associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this promotion, their immediate families (including parents, in-laws, siblings, children, spouse or partners, regardless of where they live) and members of the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate. However, GM retirees may participate but GMS discounts cannot be applied to the first 1,000 exclusive retail orders. Maximum of five (5) vehicles are available per participating Dealer, while quantities last. Dealers and dealership employees may not participate, register, order, or purchase on behalf of a customer.
That's pretty clear; you're son working for GM makes you ineligible.

Keep in mind, you can still order one of the first units (probably the very first) from your dealer's first 4 month allocation. There are even those who have been able to apply the GM affiliate discount programs.

But try not to forget why you were attracted to the Solstice in the first place. It's a beautiful car, and you wanted it for enough of the right reasons to go to the dealer and order one.

Work with your dealer, you should be able to get the very first regular unit from his first 4 month allocation.

All the best.

·
Registered
121 Posts
rule #7

From the Official Rules:

7. Eligible Customers:
Purchase offer is available only to legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age with a valid U.S. driver's license. Purchasers must meet credit or financing approval requirements. Purchasers must be individuals or companies located in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia purchasing a vehicle for personal use or primary business use and registration in the United States. Persons or parties (or their agents) engaged in the business of reselling, brokering (including but not limited to buying services) or wholesaling motor vehicles are not eligible to purchase. Employees, officers and directors of General Motors Corporation, its subsidiaries, affiliated companies, Dealerships, advertising and promotion agencies, and those associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Promotion, their immediate families (including parents, in-laws, siblings, children, spouse or partners, regardless of where they live) and members of the same household, whether related or not, are not eligible to participate. However, GM retirees may participate, but GMS discounts cannot be applied to these first 1,000 exclusive retail orders.
On the plus side, you've made a waitlister very happy.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sorry to here you were disqualified. I'll be in Nebraska soon after I get mine. My daughter is in school at Creighton in Omaha. She wants to drive it. You'll get one soon if you really want one. Good Luck!

·
Registered
753 Posts
there not stopping at 1000 cars. get your order in if you haven't done so already.... i bet you will only be behind a few weeks from the 1st 1000.

·
Registered
479 Posts
sorry for your loss bigjon, hang in there, maybe you will be fortunate enough to get a GM discount if you decide to purchase from the dealers first allotments.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Sorry they won't let you get an EOP car. Just be sure to get your order in on one of your dealer's regular allocation cars!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
There are even those who have been able to apply the GM affiliate discount programs.
Crimson, are you talking about the GM supplier discount? if so, let me know who is accepting it!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Saw it in another thread, quoted here for convenience

todd_raleigh said:
Crimson, are you talking about the GM supplier discount? if so, let me know who is accepting it!
The first confirmed report of a dealer accepting a discount plan was at: Thread: Gms Discount, Post: I've ordered mine "A" Plan by Roadster1 . He talked about an "A" plan discount:
Roadster1 said:
DW and I ordered her Sly Solstice last Monday :) , we were able to order anything after the first 1000 on the "A" Plan discount. For us the first 1000 was not important, the extra money off was ;) . My company does the convertible top for this product so I am trying to see one for real. We are both so excited to get this car, we have never been this spontaneous. Friday night she told me she saw it on the Apprentice, and fell in love with it....Saturday I suggested we quit talking and start doing....went to the dealership who also told me that "A" Plan was not available on this car....left there...Monday went to different dealership and bought it on "A" Plan...no questions asked.
Later in the thread, Small Dealer iluminated what the "A" Plan was at: Thread: Gms Discount, Post by Small Dealer:
Small Dealer said:
"A" Plan is a Ford term for their employee and selected supplier purchase program. We don't use a term like that in GM. And I don't know the pricing break down for Ford, but in GM there are two differnt plans. The GM Employee Puchase Program (refered to as GMS) and the GM Supplier Purchase Program. The Supplier program cost is 4.5% greater then the Employee cost.

The GM Employee price savings is several hundred dollars short of $3,000 at a full equipped MSRP ($25,735). And the supplier savings would be about half of the $3,000 target at the same full equipped MSRP.
Hope this helps. :cool:

You might want to drop Roadster1 a Private Message [PM]. He can probably tell you where he got his discount, and how he found the dealer willing to honor it.

Now, clearly, this was NOT a first 1000 exclusive retail orders, but rather for a regular first 4 month allocation order.

·
5,641 Posts
Crimson Avenger said:
The first confirmed report of a dealer accepting a discount plan was at....

Wrong plan name and savings amount, and never came back to explain. I don't know if I would put it in the confirmed column yet.

And bigjon, surprised you got caught on this one, with your inside source and rules infomation. Sorry you got your hopes up. As advised above, get with your dealer soon to see we you can fit into their regular build allocation.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
As an illustration on how the "supplier pricing" or whatever gets used from time to time, recently a big area Chevy dealer and a Ford dealer had advertised new cars at supplier or employee pricing to the general public. Now this is just a sales gimmick to get numbers and if you trade they will make it it on those. Sales were for limited time. Always interesting to see items like "brand new Mercury Sable with all power, leather and air for 16,995"

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would order one of my dealers first allotments except that he has no initial allotment. the dealer is in a small town and sells more pickups than cars. he also does not meet the criteria for competitive vehicles, i.e. Miatas, Coopers, etc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts