Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is kind of aimed at those insiders that are in touch with GM production information. Since I was denied a Solstice because of GM family ties I am wondering how soon any other person might be receiving a Solstice?
I wonder if beyond the first 1000 the next 4-5000 waiting are dealers or private buyers. My dealer has no initial allocation, so I must seek out a dealer with an allocation. I am wondering whether I should try for an allocation car and possibly see a major price mark up or wait until all those 5000 orders are filled?

I think someone said that a third shift will be added at the Delaware plant any info? I would hope this is true and everyone gets a Solstice sooner,We all have waited so long.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
bigjon said:
This is kind of aimed at those insiders that are in touch with GM production information. Since I was denied a Solstice because of GM family ties I am wondering how soon any other person might be receiving a Solstice?
I wonder if beyond the first 1000 the next 4-5000 waiting are dealers or private buyers. My dealer has no initial allocation, so I must seek out a dealer with an allocation. I am wondering whether I should try for an allocation car and possibly see a major price mark up or wait until all those 5000 orders are filled?

I think someone said that a third shift will be added at the Delaware plant any info? I would hope this is true and everyone gets a Solstice sooner,We all have waited so long.
From what I have seen, the allocation's that dealers are aware of are for the first 4 months of production/deliveries. I am sure one of the dealers could confirm and clarify. However, if you get an allocation order, it shouldn't be too much longer after the EOP cars.

I'd try to order now. A dealer may be more willing to sell an allocation car at MSRP right now, but may want more once it is on the lot and there is a larger demand for it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, the allocation dealers have seen so far are for the first four months. If you still want to do business with that deale, put in the order. ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts