Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I had the privilege of today of meeting legendary Indy Car Driver Billy Boat at his fabrication shop here in Scottsdale Arizona. I called Billy Boat Performance Exhaust (www.bbexhaust.com) on a referral from a local car club here in Arizona that said B&B Performance Exhaust had done some custom work on there cars. So I called them up and was invited down to there state of the art Scottsdale Fabrication shop (Which was Huge!) for a tour and so that they could get a look at GM's new Roadster. They were all pretty impressed with the Solstice and they all agreed that our little sports car could use some TLC from Billy Boat Performance Exhaust!

So Billy's team needs your help! If you were going to purchase an aftermarket performance exhaust system for your Solstice what would be some key points that you would be looking for? This is a great opportunity for you all to speak out and to voice your opinions... So let’s have it...

P.S. the B&B Exhaust team will be looking in on this thread to monitor the feed back....

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Let me start out,

1) What kind of Proformance gains would I be looking at by using B&B Exhaust?

2) How much is your system?

3) Is it a single outlet or a cat abck System?

4) What would my Solstice sound like with a B&B Proformance Exhaust System installed?

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
1. we want 10% gain over stock, minimum combined with cold air intake
2. cost should be relative to gain somewhere around 350-500
3. what do you mean here? catback simply means from the catalytic converter to the back for which no new emissions test, just noise, not really room under car for true dual which would necessitate twin cats, but we do want twin outlet for sure, even if only a set of pipes to attach to muffler outlet.
4. must sound like a V8, definitely no woo-woo

·
Registered
905 Posts
Achieftain, agree completely

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Yes, dual outlets from a single muffler is what I think we all want, not a cat back with a lot of noise, but an exhaust setup that will sound good and add Performance to the package.
StainlessWorks is working on this type of setup also, they are one of our Supporting Dealers for this forum just like KappaSphere.
Al from Stainless Works has a muffler in mind for our Solstice but he needs a car to do the design, his shop is in Cleveland or very near, if you are interested please see the thread in GENERAL TECH section under his shop name.
Competition from all this folks is great for all of us.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has any one else seen a proformance exhaust product allready on the market and what kind of proformance gains are they claiming?

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
chefmartin said:
Has any one else seen a proformance exhaust product allready on the market and what kind of proformance gains are they claiming?
I have not seen it but Stainless Works has Headers and a Cat Back exhaust already for you to buy:
$699.00 for the headers
$399.00 for the Cat Back with 4" rolled tip
He also has Dyno numbers, just go to the General Tech section, is under the thread Alstainlesswork.
He is also a supportting Forum Vendor.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
achieftain said: "4. must sound like a V8, definitely no woo-woo."

Don't let dori-san see that!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gizmo, So you are saying that you would like the system tuned to sound lower and not like a Rice Burnner...

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I was only referring to the way dori-san uses the term "woo woo0." :) :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
chefmartin said:
Gizmo, So you are saying that you would like the system tuned to sound lower and not like a Rice Burnner...
I know I would, something throaty and deep, but not overly loud and annoying.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Adrenaline said:
I know I would, something throaty and deep, but not overly loud and annoying.
:agree:

Ditto- not a big fan of the large echo-ie, boomie, coffee can sound.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Billy Boat Performance Exhaust wish list:

1. catback, stainless system
2. price,,,,affordable
3. tone,,,,deeper than stock, but not obnoxious when driving topless :blush:
4. dual rear outlets with nice looking tips
5. huge discount to Az buyers who are now watching your son race :)

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PHXSUNCAT...Are you a local here in Phoenix and if so have you recieved your Solstice yet? I had to go to west Virgina to pick up Mine....

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
chefmartin said:
So stainless works wants $1100.00 for a full Dual tip system???
I do not know the price of the duals, but the package that I want which includes the 3" pipe that replaces the stock pipe, he guess around $1200 to $1400.
Header/converter, 3" exhaust pipe plus the muffler with the dual outlet and tips.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts