1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Looks really cool!!!!

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
Looks pretty nice. I like how you incorporated the silhouette and VIN in there. I have one of their gauge face plates too and I'm pretty happy with it.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
How do you recalibrate the speedometer? Mine only goes to 140MPH.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Raygun, there is no re calibration required..... this is in KPH, the scale is the same. Also, if you switch cluster modules, like put a GXP cluster into a N/A it shows the proper speed, RPM and fuel levels....... plus the DIC still displays the cars proper info. I had put a 2007 GXP cluster into a 2009 base. The calibration was right and the DIC showed all the 2009 info like mileage, TPMS readings including the TPMS warning light (which the 2007 didn't have, although it is included on the cluster) but, on the other hand, it did not show boost which the base did not have of course. Showing that DIC info comes from the CBU (complete body unit) as opposed to the cluster. One thing that surprised me, besides the fact it showed the correct speed, was that the opening message moved with the cluster, so the "Solstice GXP" message appeared even when it was in the base and vise versa. I have since put the base cluster back in the base coupe and ordered this gauge face 220KPH representing 140MPH here in Canada. I would like to change the opening message to "SOLSTICE COUPE" if anyone knows how to do this??

·
Premium Member
17,526 Posts
Oh, I just thought you were rubbing it in, Soup!
You should apologize to Zoup! He was being factual not an angry old engineer!

>:):nerd:>:)

The fact that NAs are slow and underpowered has nothing to do with his input.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Arrived today, another work of art from Black Cat and made exactly as requested. Just an iPhone photo, but I'm sure you get the point.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts