Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
DDM usually runs a 12 days of Christmas sale starting around Dec 7. But forum vendors usually run specials around most major holidays, usually around 10%. Not enough in my book, but it is what it is. Probably something to be aware of is vendors are still having issues with parts availability. So be prepared to wait

·
Registered
608 Posts
I saw that yesterday,I wish I had the $$ for a turbo kit to put on my 2.4 coupe
From ZZP I find myself wanting the camshafts. Which makes me dream about a old school completely NA power upgrade. ZZP Camshafts, upgraded oversized valves, upgraded valve springs and retainers, head ported and polished, high flow cat, GXP rear valance, Solo dual muffler exhaust, neutral balance shafts, and a tune. Try to aim for above 200 crankshaft hp. Normally aspirated, angry engines sound nice. 😁

·
Registered
608 Posts
Oh. With ITB's and plenum box breathing could be improved even further and 100hp/liter could be achievable... If an old Fiat 1.6 SOHC engine can get there, certainly the (much) more modern Ecotec could too?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just received an email Black Friday flyer from ZZP!
10% off on various items.

I wonder if we'll see anything from DDM, Solo, Windrestrictor etc....
Last year ZZP had a bunch of stuff like 40-50% off on Black Friday. I remember both RPM and DDM had several days of certain items on sale each day. All in all it was really good sales by all. Now with the current situation of a lot of items being on backorder I'm not sure if this year will be as good. It's hard to sell what you don't have in stock any time soon.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,528 Posts
Honestly that’s 100% true in my business.
In my entire career, never have I dreaded new orders but that is where we are at now.
The burden of having to explain why the supply chain is so messed up and why no matter who you are and how much money you have isn’t really relevant right now is really starting to suck as a full time job as I am now full time the bearer of bad news.
A lot of my reputation was built on being the solutions guy that always found a way to make things happen but there just aren’t any back doors anymore.

Some of my vendors are pushing lead times into 2023, (yes over a year lead time on items that used to be 2-4 weeks) and even that is a guess.

Some of my vendors now have to bid for space on a shipping container so they can’t even guess at shipping costs, let alone forecast for them. And the shipping costs, holy moly! Some shipments have seen a ten fold increase year to date on freight costs.

It really has become the Wild West out there.

·
Registered
608 Posts
January 2021 Freight to ship a large CLED Screen for installation = $2700
Last check several weeks ago = $25,000 for the same shipment.
Is this domestic (terrestrial) or International (sea) freight?
The worst increase we see is for sea freight. Right about the same % increase as your example.
Freight of a dry 40' container (FCL, full container load) was about $1200 from China. Currently it is more than $9000.

·
Administrator
9,483 Posts
The worst increase we see is for sea freight. Right about the same % increase as your example.
Freight of a dry 40' container (FCL, full container load) was about $1200 from China. Currently it is more than $9000.
We are currently installing a new production line with equipment from the USA, Japan, and Europe. Along with delays that primarily seem to originate in the ports and ripple through the system, costs of each leg have doubled fairly evenly for each leg, ie: sea, rail, and truck. Container shipment from Japan was impossible, so that equipment was crated and sent by vehicle carrier instead. European sourced shipments and East coast US ports are less affected in our case, except for cost.

• Wow
Reactions: agent008

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious
1,528 Posts
my example was sea freight from China.
Though I have vendors saying the same about sea freight from Japan.

·
Registered
06 solstice sliver&356Pcar.dirtbike,4wheeler
1,404 Posts
From ZZP I find myself wanting the camshafts. Which makes me dream about a old school completely NA power upgrade. ZZP Camshafts, upgraded oversized valves, upgraded valve springs and retainers, head ported and polished, high flow cat, GXP rear valance, Solo dual muffler exhaust, neutral balance shafts, and a tune. Try to aim for above 200 crankshaft hp. Normally aspirated, angry engines sound nice. 😁
yup I know what you mean,although I would not stop at 200 hp. hell my ac vw was that. Ive machined ,ported,balanced,reworked&built most everything from 4wheelers,dirt bikes,jet skys to 632 cu stuff for most my life.I I still had a fully equiped machine shop at my finger tips I might do it..now I just have what I need..almost.and no real disire to tear into these 2.4's and fill with $$$. been there done that for may others as well as my self.both na & forced induction.I never forced feeded any of my personal stuff...well...I did have a bottle for fun a few times. & our drag cars had 2&3 stages.possiably 4 stages dont remember, but for my personal toys ? all NA. 13.8 cr daily on the street for my v8 stuff and 10.4 for my mild 100000 miles acvw. what ever you build build it to last.do it once, be done have fun and forget about it, I would not have a solo on any thing of mine...I have one of their "headers" in my shop, pure junk.
If I had the $ I would turbo my sols..or atleast one.probably the automatic coupe and then a gear swap to 3.42 and get some millage back. as for the balance shafts...I think some half weight shafts would be nice..or deleate them. but I think half weight would be best.Ive built foo foo motors for imsa racing(the old dodge omni 4 cylinders na,not the vw version) you have to safty wire every dam thing or it will fall off, carbs,headers,almost everything..of coarse I would also want to put a 94 ~96mm piston in it too.....and....yup there it go's again. thus...Im leaving it alone.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Just posted to FB.
Our 2021 Performance Autowerks and WERKSracing Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale begins this week!!!
A little note about this year’s sale – Expect longer delivery times for just about all orders. Turbo kits are always a hot item during our sale, please keep in mind most of the Borg Warner turbos are currently on backorder and will not be available until January 2022. If you place an order for a turbo kit - please be patient as the lead time may be extended. In addition, keep in mind that all piping parts such as intercooler pipes, intakes, exhaust parts and headers are built to order and they will be built in the order that they were received.
$100.00-$499.99 - 5% off entire order and free shipping to the lower 48 states
$500.00 - $999.99 - 10% off and free shipping to the lower 48 states
$1000.00 - $2499.99 - 15% off and free shipping to the lower 48 states
$2500.00 - $3499.99 - 20% off and free shipping to the lower 48 states
$3500.00 & up - 25% off and free shipping to the lower 48 states
Fixed 5% off CCW and Forgestar wheels and tires with free shipping to the lower 48 states
Freebies such as keychains, decals, hats as well as other merch will be included in all shipments!!!
- Discounts will be applied when we process the order at our shop. Our website does not process cards automatically. You will be invoiced seperately and sent that invoice showing the sale discounts applied. Paypal instant payment discount amounts will be refunded back via paypal shortly after the order is processed.
Sale starts at 12:01 am on Thanksgiving Day Thursday November 25th and ends Monday November 29th at midnight!
http://www.performanceautowerks.com/catalog/index.php]http://www.performanceautowerks.com/catalog/index.php

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Just posted to FB.
RPM-Motorsports
Its that time of the year again.. 2021 has been a tough year on us all… so lets bring the excitement for the years largest sales event! We are still prepping the RPM Web Site for the discounts, but you can expect up to 30% off… We will be releasing the official details on the Black Friday thru Cyber Monday event this week via email, so if you are not part of the RPM Mailing list we suggest you head over to the site and join it so you don’t miss any information.

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
279 Posts
Maybe this will be the real incentive to bring manufacturing back to the US. When your labor savings are erased by shipping costs, why bother?

·
Registered
2007 Solstice GXP Mysterious
279 Posts
I just contacted ZZP about the 14.5" brake upgrade for the fronts. I wanted to get 2 piece rotors. I asked them if they would sell everything except the rotors and I was told no... so OK.. I know the calipers come off a CTS-v but I don't know what the rotors are from. It's not a C6 ZO6/GS those are 14" not 14.5".. I said OK not a big deal on not breaking up the kit and I asked what the rotors cam off of and what the brake pads are from as well. I was told they won't well me that and that I have to buy replacement parts like new pads or new rotors from them.. Now unless I am crazy they just told me that they won't break the kit up. So if the pads wear out I have to spend 900.00 to replace them? Say I have a bad rotor and they don't have any in stock Now I have to wait until they get them and ship them instead of me driving to the local parts store and having it the same day or the next? That is just plain stupid.

Looks like I will never be purchasing anything from them at all or recommending anyone buy anything from them.
I have never been excited by ZZP. They seem mainly to exist to sell things with their logo on them. Many people have looked admiringly at my LS4s over the years, with one gentleman wanting to buy the engine right out of the car. Nobody gave a damn who made the coils or the wires.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts