Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 silver with silver front grills. I see some cars on this forum with black grills and I think they look great on a silver car. Did these black grills only come with the GXP and will they fit my car? An GM part #'s ? Anybody have any for sale? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It took me about 2hrs total to pull, clean, spray paint, and reinstall both grills on my car. Its an option if you've got the time and dont mind spray paint. If you do get the GXP grills, I'd be interested in your old silver grills.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I plasti-dipped mine. Did them six months ago and still look great. Originally spray painted them but started to get rock chips right away.
Thinking about trying that today.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
I like this idea. What's the products name, vendors name, and where can you buy it? Does it come in satin black? $?
Plastidip

Lowes/Home Depot etc...

About $4 a can

Did my rims with it, comes off easily when you want it to. Stays on strong even through car washes. Doesn't damage the original paint/surface. You can get it in just about any color you want. They typically only sell flat black at the stores, but you can get lots of other stuff at dipyourcar.com

·
Registered
25 Posts
It took me about 2hrs total to pull, clean, spray paint, and reinstall both grills on my car. Its an option if you've got the time and dont mind spray paint. If you do get the GXP grills, I'd be interested in your old silver grills.
Do you have black grills? Any interest in trading?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts