Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the black GXP grills fit a non-GXP Solstice. I've been eyeing them and the black headlights at crateenginedepot. I know I could paint/modify mine, but I would probably mess something up, and have to replace them anyway in the end.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
I don't know if the center grilles will fit. I know the "fog light" grills will not as the GXP has air ducts built in to cool the front brakes. I also know there is a lower grill for the GXP as well that many people don't even know is there until you point it out. I will have to look at a parts catalog to see if the center ones are transferable.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I don't know if the center grilles will fit. I know the "fog light" grills will not as the GXP has air ducts built in to cool the front brakes. I also know there is a lower grill for the GXP as well that many people don't even know is there until you point it out. I will have to look at a parts catalog to see if the center ones are transferable.
The foglight one's easy, since the NA's don't have grilles there :)

For the center's I'm not sure, since I've seen folks say that they fit and others say they don't - the NA has a slightly different vertical curve in the bumper to the GXP (see: Solidworks Solstice grills). Looking up parts catalog probably won't help, 'cos they are different parts numbers anyway (for the color).

I know that aftermarket grills can be made to fit both, with either some bending or gaps, but not sure about the OEM plastic ones.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. If anybody finds out for sure, I'd appreciate an up-date. Hate to buy and find out they won't. Hate to mess my up with a bad paint job.

Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts