Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at which auto show was the solstice featured with the all black interior? :thumbs

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Dang it,

I don't know how I missed it, but the california car has the stupid looking rubber bumpers on the windshield just like the french mule. I bet the California one is closer to the production version than the Florida car, and we're going to be stuck with those god-awful baby buggy bumpers. I hope the car magazines raise holy hell about them when they do their first production car drive reviews.

I'm depressed now...:(

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AztekzRpurty said:
Dang it,

I don't know how I missed it, but the california car has the stupid looking rubber bumpers on the windshield just like the french mule. I bet the California one is closer to the production version than the Florida car, and we're going to be stuck with those god-awful baby buggy bumpers. I hope the car magazines raise holy hell about them when they do their first production car drive reviews.

I'm depressed now...:(
what are these buggy bumpers u are talking about on the windshield?
i cant see any. i need to see bigger res pics too make out them.
somebody needs to post more pics of the black interior solstice.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had to look at the pics for a few minutes before I realized what he's talking about. There on the rubber molding that would seal to the top. About where the top of the window and the conver top would meet. The top must attach there and the have a big peice of rubber window header sticking out. It does look pretty horrible. I guess that was the best they could come up with.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
originally cropped by Yellatec

Maybe I can just cut these off, remove the convertible top and make a roadster out of it, and have more storage to boot.

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
That does appear to be a somewhat strange setup for the windshield header gasket. I am not sure why it would have to stick out that far from the header. Lets hope this isn’t the final production version. Maybe its just the pics, but they don’t seem as bad on the dark interior Solstice as on the French mule.

GM has indicated a production trim Solstice will be debuted at Detroit. Hopefully the dark interior car is still a developmental car and not totally indicative of the final product. Although it is concerning late in the game.

·
Registered
85 Posts
windshield header

It seems to me that my 1996 WS6 had a good amount of rubber at the A-pillar to help seal rain out of the T-Tops. My wife's BMW convertible has a rubber "cup" that is smaller than the Solstice. One difference that may affect the size of the sealing point is the curved corner that is somewhat key to the windshield surround design. Another difference is what appears to be the angle of the windshield. It seems the Solstice will have a more upright windshield that will keep us from getting the windshield in the forehead feeling of the Z3. Besides, it will probably be the place we pick during the frustration of the daily rush hour or following the slow leader on a double yellow stretch of mountain road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts