Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call from Andy Mohr Pontiac/GMC late yesterday. Seems they had a customer cancel on a black Solstice. As of 4:00 PM yesterday, the car was available. I turned own the option to buy, as I really want the Mysterious color as per my order. It probably won't last long but is worth a shot if black is acceptable for you. :cool:

·
Registered
292 Posts
solstindy said:
I received a call from Andy Mohr Pontiac/GMC late yesterday. Seems they had a customer cancel on a black Solstice. As of 4:00 PM yesterday, the car was available. I turned own the option to buy, as I really want the Mysterious color as per my order. It probably won't last long but is worth a shot if black is acceptable for you. :cool:
But Mysterious IS black. Did you mean the options aren't what you wanted? :cool:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Sold

It is gone....was sold last night!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Knowing this dealer, I'm sure it was sold for MSRP. It is my understanding that the customer that bought it had an identical car on order but took this one to get one sooner. I'm told that his ordered car should be available in a few weeks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
No Cigar

Check your Private messages!! :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
IS300toSOLSTICE has his car

Yep, picked it up last night!!

Made the dealer an offer of MSRP + small increase. I'm sure I'll get pummeled by folks here for paying over MSRP, but oh, well. Time is $ folks, and I was ready to drive. :) They originally wanted MSRP + $3000 and I balked. Negotiated and walked away an official Solstice owner.

I had one on order with Cricket at his dealership in MO, and so I haven't posted until now as I wanted to talk to him personally first. Let me be the first to say he is one hell of a dealer. Personal, understanding and supportive of my decision. Told me multiple times on the phone he would've done the same thing. What can I say, impulse buy. Damn Solstice cars! :willy:

As for my original car being available in a few weeks from Andy Mohr, who knows? I was #21 on the waiting list and I think they have 9 available cars in their first 4 month allocation. I find it a little hard to believe it will be available in a few weeks...

Review to come later, but I've put on 70 miles. Many more to come.

Overall impression: WOW. I know this is getting to be rehashed over and over and over again, but folks have no idea what the heck they're seeing when you pass them, fill up with gas, pull through a drive through, etc. Mass chaos ensues. I went to pick up some Subway last night and they were closed. However, the guy behind the counter comes out, and after looking at "teh coolest car he's ever seen", promptly walks back in and hand delivers 2 foot long subs on the house. A motorcycle pulled up next to me and asked me "Is that the new Ferrari?" This morning on the way to work, three (THREE!) people tried to motion me over to talk. And finally, this afternoon a traffic cop skipped giving me a parking ticket if I would show off the features of the decklid.

Folks, I've had this car for less than 24 hours. My 15 minutes of fame have started. :lol:

·
Registered
976 Posts
IS300toSOLSTICE said:
Yep, picked it up last night!!

Made the dealer an offer of MSRP + small increase. I'm sure I'll get pummeled by folks here for paying over MSRP, but oh, well. Time is $ folks, and I was ready to drive. :) They originally wanted MSRP + $3000 and I balked. Negotiated and walked away an official Solstice owner.

I had one on order with Cricket at his dealership in MO, and so I haven't posted until now as I wanted to talk to him personally first. Let me be the first to say he is one hell of a dealer. Personal, understanding and supportive of my decision. Told me multiple times on the phone he would've done the same thing. What can I say, impulse buy. Damn Solstice cars! :willy:

As for my original car being available in a few weeks from Andy Mohr, who knows? I was #21 on the waiting list and I think they have 9 available cars in their first 4 month allocation. I find it a little hard to believe it will be available in a few weeks...

Review to come later, but I've put on 70 miles. Many more to come.

Overall impression: WOW. I know this is getting to be rehashed over and over and over again, but folks have no idea what the heck they're seeing when you pass them, fill up with gas, pull through a drive through, etc. Mass chaos ensues. I went to pick up some Subway last night and they were closed. However, the guy behind the counter comes out, and after looking at "teh coolest car he's ever seen", promptly walks back in and hand delivers 2 foot long subs on the house. A motorcycle pulled up next to me and asked me "Is that the new Ferrari?" This morning on the way to work, three (THREE!) people tried to motion me over to talk. And finally, this afternoon a traffic cop skipped giving me a parking ticket if I would show off the features of the decklid.

Folks, I've had this car for less than 24 hours. My 15 minutes of fame have started. :lol:

Wouldn't you folks do the same thing? Let the fame begin......And congratulations Buddy!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Wouldn't you folks do the same thing? Let the fame begin......And congratulations Buddy!!!!
Pay OVER MSRP? Not a chance. I don'y buy the market conditions thing. Even a Ferrari does not sell for over sticker and some of them are built to order. How much sales effort did the salesman actually have to do when the customer walks in and orders sight unseen and already knows more about the car than all the salespeople combined. Put in a month of calls and visits to move an Aztek off the lot and for the time involved that's the car that should be 3000 over.

·
Registered
70 Posts
IS300,

I understand your situation & believe you made the best decision possible. Is the car itself worth more than sticker - maybe, maybe not, but the time with the car over the next many months before getting yours - well worth the money. The comparison made to Ferarri's, well lets just say the comparsion alone justifies the reason to pay more than sticker. How many other cars warrant a comparison to Ferarri? Think about it before you respond!!

USA

·
Registered
976 Posts
achieftain said:
Pay OVER MSRP? Not a chance. I don'y buy the market conditions thing. Even a Ferrari does not sell for over sticker and some of them are built to order. How much sales effort did the salesman actually have to do when the customer walks in and orders sight unseen and already knows more about the car than all the salespeople combined. Put in a month of calls and visits to move an Aztek off the lot and for the time involved that's the car that should be 3000 over.
Here's the idea though...... He wouldn't have gotten his car from me until January or so, maybe a little earlier, but he still would've had to fly down here and drive it back, all in all would have cost him 60% of the markup he paid, and you can attribute the other 40% to recieving the car months in advance. I thought it was a good trade off.

On a side note, If you really think an Aztek's worth $3,000 over sticker, I have two you are welcome to purchase.....

·
Registered
145 Posts
achieftain said:
I don't like paying over MSRP too, but everyone has a price they're willing to pay. Mine is supposedly less than a week out from delivery, (last I heard it was in Nebraska on 3 OCT). But if I hear that it got recalled again, then I'm bailing and shopping around for another one. Mine was supposed to have been delivered on 24 Aug. For me, I have a lot more money than I have time. I leave for the big sandbox in February.

·
Registered
152 Posts
cadillacricket said:
Here's the idea though...... He wouldn't have gotten his car from me until January or so, maybe a little earlier, but he still would've had to fly down here and drive it back, all in all would have cost him 60% of the markup he paid, and you can attribute the other 40% to recieving the car months in advance. I thought it was a good trade off.
:agree: :)

We each have "price points" we're willing to pay for something. What no one knows is that I FIRST LEFT THE DEALERSHIP when told I would have to pay MSRP+. Only when I got home and crunched the numbers and realized the difference in price between flying out to MO and driving it back vs. paying the premium over MSRP did I call the dealer back and make them an offer.

cadillacricket said:
On a side note, If you really think an Aztek's worth $3,000 over sticker, I have two you are welcome to purchase.....
:lol: :lol:

Damn CC, we have got to meet at some point. Your sense of humor is priceless.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sol2 said:
I don't like paying over MSRP too, but everyone has a price they're willing to pay. Mine is supposedly less than a week out from delivery, (last I heard it was in Nebraska on 3 OCT). But if I hear that it got recalled again, then I'm bailing and shopping around for another one. Mine was supposed to have been delivered on 24 Aug. For me, I have a lot more money than I have time. I leave for the big sandbox in February.
Are you serious? :(

·
Registered
292 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
whats all the fuss about

whats all the fuss about--you all should be glad you are paying todays msrp

once everyone starts seeing these cars on the road i believe the price will keep going up

it has on almost every model for every manufacture in history, so why would it stop now

you will be telling your grandkids you paid $25k and they will look in wonder

they'll be saying "a car like that would cost 85k if your lucky today"

besides even at 5k over 2005 msrp you are still getting a steal--the car is hot hot hot

1 - 20 of 34 Posts