Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so here is my question. Can anyone tell me if the Sky DARK LABRYNTH black is the same paint color as the Solstice Mysterious black?

Reason i am asking is because i want to buy the Sky Redline O.E.M. spoiler pre-painted on line, but want to make sure the Sky black does not have any metallic in the color. Is there more than 1 color sky black, such as glossy plain black vs. metallic black? I just need to order the correct color that will match my Solstice mysterious black. It looks like the Sky black is only one color, but I can't tell from the pictures if it is the same as mine.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
99% sure the Sol and Sky black is the same... The Sky (and the rare Sol) had a 1 year run of Carbon Flash as well which was a heavy metal flaked black, but the standard blacks are just good old GM black AFAIK.

Do they publish the paint code?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
99% sure the Sol and Sky black is the same... The Sky (and the rare Sol) had a 1 year run of Carbon Flash as well which was a heavy metal flaked black, but the standard blacks are just good old GM black AFAIK.

Do they publish the paint code?
Paint code says: 17800847

Even though it looks black, the description now says grey at the end! WTF! Is dark labyrinth not black at all? Now I'm really confused. Looks like it may not be black at all. More like a charcoal grey or gun metal color. :brentil:

·
Registered
64 Posts
From the paint code sheet Kronus put out. "Kappa Paint codes 2006-2012"
2010 Sky and Solstice
GM description: Dark Labyrinth Gray Metallic
Sky description: Storm Gray Metallic
Solstice description: Sly
Paint code WA707S
Black for all Kappas all years was WA8555

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I searched for Saturn Sky Dark Labyrinth paint code and found three sites that list it basically as: WA707S/GGW Dark Labyrinth Metallic.

Color chips look gray to me but another site had it where it did in fact look black!

Solstice black paint code is: 41/WA8555

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's the Solstice/Sky paint codes chart.

Black, non-metallic, is the same paint code across all years on both the Sol and the Sky.
Thanks! I think I will just order it with the primer coat and have it painted along with my body kit all at once. But the paint code chart helps clear things up for certain now.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
There's only one paint color missing. Technically. :D It's not going to be listed, but GM did a test run of a paint color for a 2009 Solstice Coupe. They only painted one in this color, but it was absolutely gorgeous. I'll have to scour my pictures to find it, but my mom drove it for a few weeks as her company car. It's VIN was 0009. I called it, Love Potion #9.

The color was a dark grey from a distance, but when you got up to it, you could see sparkles of purple, green, blue, red, silver. It was amazing.

If I remember correctly though. It's a one of one. 5 speed, GXP, fully loaded. I begged her to get the car because it would undoubtedly become the most valuable coupe to be produced. She was days away from buying it from GM when they froze all in house purchases of Pontiac after the bankruptcy. :(

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
The black on the Solstice is the same as standard GM black. It is paint code 41. Find out if it's painted code 41.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
There's only one paint color missing. Technically. :D It's not going to be listed, but GM did a test run of a paint color for a 2009 Solstice Coupe. They only painted one in this color, but it was absolutely gorgeous. I'll have to scour my pictures to find it, but my mom drove it for a few weeks as her company car. It's VIN was 0009. I called it, Love Potion #9.

The color was a dark grey from a distance, but when you got up to it, you could see sparkles of purple, green, blue, red, silver. It was amazing.

If I remember correctly though. It's a one of one. 5 speed, GXP, fully loaded. I begged her to get the car because it would undoubtedly become the most valuable coupe to be produced. She was days away from buying it from GM when they froze all in house purchases of Pontiac after the bankruptcy. :(
Sounds like it may have been Carbon Flash. There is a single teal 2010 coupe as well.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,471 Posts
Sounds like it may have been Carbon Flash. There is a single teal 2010 coupe as well.
Carbon Flash was a black metalflake.

I looked up 0009 in the database and it is listed as a Sly Dark Grey,which is also a metalflake (Techno Gray Metallic).

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Carbon Flash was a black metalflake.

I looked up 0009 in the database and it is listed as a Sly Dark Grey,which is also a metalflake (Techno Gray Metallic).
I'm confused... the Sly I've seen isn't a metallic (or has very little metal flake). If it had been a heavily flaked paint (OK, and I would have preferred a bit darker, like the Viper Graphite) that would ahve jumped to the top of my list.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,471 Posts
I'm confused... the Sly I've seen isn't a metallic (or has very little metal flake). If it had been a heavily flaked paint (OK, and I would have preferred a bit darker, like the Viper Graphite) that would ahve jumped to the top of my list.
Matt,

I'd love to help you out, but I've looked at a lot of the "color chips" available on the web, but have discovered that none of them are very accurate when it comes to displaying any of the GM "metallic" paints. Without an actual set of 2009 paint chips, I can't tell whether the 2009 "Sly" is metallic or not.

The 2006/7 Sly was lighter than the 2008/9 Sly, and 2010 was going to be another change to Sly.

Sorry!

Dave

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Here's a pic of the Carbon Flash metallic on the Sky.
It does have a little red, blue, green & silver flecks in it.
The Sly coupe that I've seen that wspohn owns has a slight metal flake in it. FWIW!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,931 Posts
Matt,

Without an actual set of 2009 paint chips, I can't tell whether the 2009 "Sly" is metallic or not.
Looked at the one in my driveway. It is not metallic.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Here's a pic of the Carbon Flash metallic on the Sky.
It does have a little red, blue, green & silver flecks in it.
The Sly coupe that I've seen that wspohn owns has a slight metal flake in it. FWIW!

Love that Carbon Flash. If I ever need a repaint, I'm doing it CF...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts