Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get too good of pics of these because it wasn't with my camera but take a look at what I finally got around to this weekend. In case you can't tell what I did here's what it is:

1) Painted the windshield trim black
2) Blackened the foglights
3) Blackened the sidemarkers
4) Blackened the reverse lights
5) Blackened the taillights
6) Burnt some rubber!!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm trying to get Nicole to get me some better back end shots.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should I do the headlight somewhat too??

·
Registered
774 Posts

this is how it might look...

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That was fully painted like they would at a shop. Prime, hardener, paint, clear coat, etc. Turned out nearly perfect. Going to do the back piece in a couple weeks. As for the lights, clear coat with some black in there. :) Perfect except for a couple small air bubbles. Not bad for a garage job though.

I like the headlight look but not sure if I want to lose the light.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I like the headlight look but not sure if I want to lose the light.
:cool: Looks nice but not something I would want to do since you basically just made it harder for people to see you at nighttime. It's like an accident just waiting to happen.

:jm2c:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Actually I can't tell any difference at all with any of the lights done like this. We did my reverse lights first just to make see how they turned out. Then went from there. The side markers are really black so those don't show too well anymore but the rest I think are still perfect. But to each their own right?? That's why they don't come like this from the factory.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
How much did it cost to get it painted? did they remove the windshield?

I just had my windshield replaced last week for a crack and was seriously considering getting the surround painted but it was just easier having safelite come out to my work... now i wish i had gotten it painted when the window was out.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How much did it cost to get it painted? did they remove the windshield?

I just had my windshield replaced last week for a crack and was seriously considering getting the surround painted but it was just easier having safelite come out to my work... now i wish i had gotten it painted when the window was out.
How much...hmm...it was actually mine and my girlfriend's dad's doing. Total cost of materials around $80. :yesnod:

I may have to get the windshield replaced :( Stupid crack.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I think the windshield looks great painted. What's the cost to just get the windshield painted?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Scuba,

Can't wait to see your new mods in person on the 16th for the DreamCruise Sol/SkyCruise. 10 days and counting.:cool:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think the windshield looks great painted. What's the cost to just get the windshield painted?
I've heard anywhere from $200 - $400 so who knows. As I've said I did it myself so I just had the cost of paint.

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
I've heard anywhere from $200 - $400 so who knows. As I've said I did it myself so I just had the cost of paint.
Thanks, thats what I was kinda thinking for price. Looks like you did a great job.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
You were my inspiration for finally gettin 'er done.
Glad to hear. The windshield, if done right with the weatherstripping removed, is about 400 to paint...about 700 total with the rear deck being done also.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glad to hear. The windshield, if done right with the weatherstripping removed, is about 400 to paint...about 700 total with the rear deck being done also.
It took us roughly 2 hours to tape everything off to perfection. I don't know that it's perfect but pretty close for way way less.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts