Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Black frame

How much...hmm...it was actually mine and my girlfriend's dad's doing. Total cost of materials around $80. :yesnod:

I may have to get the windshield replaced :( Stupid crack.
Scuba I can't wait to see a really good shot of that frame, you go man! Ya paint it a straight Gloss black or what? How bad is your windshield crack & where & what?

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
A black sol blacked out... too cool!! Nice ride.
Black rims and you'd be stealth.
Yeah I'd love to do a pair right now but it's actually low on the priorities sadly enough. After the s/c I'm done for at least a couple years since I'm moving on my own finally.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Scuba I can't wait to see a really good shot of that frame, you go man! Ya paint it a straight Gloss black or what? How bad is your windshield crack & where & what?
I used some paint we had left over from my girlfriend's black trans am. So it was basically black automotive paint. Glossy and all that good stuff. The windshield situation is basically just a small knick but I hate it. I guess I'll live though.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
How much did it cost to get it painted? did they remove the windshield?

I just had my windshield replaced last week for a crack and was seriously considering getting the surround painted but it was just easier having safelite come out to my work... now i wish i had gotten it painted when the window was out.

gmarcucio had his mysterious blacked out as far as the windshield frame and silver behind the drivers seat. Looks really good. I forgot what he told me, but I know he didn't need to pull the windshield.

·
Registered
774 Posts

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Finally Another Picture And More Coming As Soon As I Find Them

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Even More!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
That turned out really nice. With the dark tint and other cosmetic stuff you've done, the windshield trim really helps complete the look.

I personally like the wheels as is. With the badges, headlights, and door handles, there are still enough other flashes of chromed/mirrored surfaces to catch the eye. I think black wheels would make these other things stand out too much and look out of place compared to the balance it has now...but then again, I've seen a lot of things that look good on the car that weren't so hot in my imagination.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I agree. I'd love to do black w/ a chrome lip rims but I'll stick to this for a while. All the money's spent on the supercharger right now. Broke for at least a year from this one.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I used some paint we had left over from my girlfriend's black trans am. So it was basically black automotive paint. Glossy and all that good stuff. The windshield situation is basically just a small knick but I hate it. I guess I'll live though.
Well I'm sold. Good pic of the frame in black. Since I'm not going to pull off the frame and have a custom stainless one built to please the Mrs. I'm going to make some time to get that silver flake frame done BLACK! They standardized that frame hook-up or they would have had to paint every frame the same color as the car it was on. There's really only two things that work Brushed aluminum/stainless or the actual car color. GM went for the cheap-similated shiney metal look. It does match their painted rims, but I don't know anyone who still has those on a Solstice. Keep up the good work. What's next ? Just kidding, I know your getting Blown!
Chuck

·
Registered
153 Posts
:cool: not something I would want to do since you basically just made it harder for people to see you at nighttime. It's like an accident just waiting to happen.

:jm2c:
:agree:

I never understood why people would make their car harder to see....unless you are running drugs from mexico. If you are then carry on. :)

I will say that if I had any other color then red I would paint the grey to match.

·
Registered
354 Posts
:agree:

I never understood why people would make their car harder to see....unless you are running drugs from mexico. If you are then carry on. :)

I will say that if I had any other color then red I would paint the grey to match.
These cars are hard to see, but if you are used to driving small sportscars, porche's, Alfaromeo's or miata's for that matter, I think you become a lot more concious as to what is going on around you. In other words, you end up driving for everybody else to keep yourself SAFE.
I think you have a good point about your car being Red, it looks good with the silver frame. The Sligh can pull it off too. The other colors ain't getting it, especially the new Brazen, uh uh Blazen ORANGE. The windsheild frame sticks out like a sore thumb.

P.S. The Goverment Agencies: FBI - CIA - Even Secret Service & the Presidential Motorcaid are almost impossible to see and their not driving anything smaller than a
Suburban

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Looks great: nice ride! I've done the same except that I'm still not sure about the windshield corners yet. I continue to debate with myself about blacking it out as well.

Either way. Great ride!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't get too good of pics of these because it wasn't with my camera but take a look at what I finally got around to this weekend. In case you can't tell what I did here's what it is:

1) Painted the windshield trim black
2) Blackened the foglights
3) Blackened the sidemarkers
4) Blackened the reverse lights
5) Blackened the taillights
6) Burnt some rubber!!

20210306_134327.jpg
2007gxp.png

21 - 39 of 39 Posts