Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I had my blend door actuator replaced soon after I bought my 2006 Solstice back around the spring due to an AC problem. Now that it's gotten colder I'm having another problem. When I start the car I can hear one of the AC/heater doors in the dash repeatedly opening and closing. I turn the car back off and do the calibration procedure and it stops, but does it again next time I start the car. Any suggestions of something I can try before putting it in the shop?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
I'm guessing here, but maybe something's blocking the flap and causing it to retry closing? Or maybe an actuator is loose (causing the same issue)?

Not heard of this issue before - hence the guesses :(

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing here, but maybe something's blocking the flap and causing it to retry closing? Or maybe an actuator is loose (causing the same issue)?

Not heard of this issue before - hence the guesses :(
Thanks for the reply. I expect it could be either one of those things, but neither are anything I could get to myself I expect. Sounds like it's coming from roughly the middle of the dash, slightly more toward the driver. I don't think I could reach it from the floor, even if I had a garage to work in out of the cold and rain, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts