Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I definetely like the follow...

The Aura, as far as the sheet-metal is concerned, is 100 percent production-ready, right down to the size of the tires. And that also goes for much of the interior. The thing is ready to go. And the Sky, of course, isn't a concept car at all. That is the full, no-excuses, what-you-see-is-what-you-get production vehicle. We're playing for keeps.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Interesting quote off the blog! I definitely thought those wheels were a little big for show purposes, but that makes it sound like they are serious about rolling on some BIG wheels on the Aura!

One of the articles on the new Saturn products, possibly the one in USA Today last week, indicated that Lutz told dealers that the Aura wasn’t perfectly accurate as to what the production car will be, but that it was 80% accurate. So there may still be a little show fluff on it, but by the sound of it not much!

He’s right, they are serious about Saturn! What a turnaround this is going to be! Its just too bad they didn’t get Lutz in a couple years earlier to save Oldsmobile too.

·
Registered
151 Posts
they probly look bigger because the wheel gap is almost non-existant, i really like that, i don't think i can think of a single GM car with less wheel gap than the Aura

·
Registered
182 Posts
i thought it wqas 20'' for the wheels, but I don't know for sure. irregardless them be some big wheels for a midsize car

·
Registered
182 Posts
you are right 18'' for the sky. I thought you were talking about thje aura's wheels wich are bigger either 19 or 20, I forget.

·
Registered
182 Posts
One question, Having 19/20'' wheels is going to make replacing tires a relatively pricey prospect, will this fly in the midsize car market?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts