Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Bluetooth Works GREAT!

16K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  agent008 
#1 ·
My wifes 09 GXP has the Bluetooth technologies and I must say it works very well. She has a Motorola V3 and after simply pairing them all she has to do is answer her car with her cell phone in her purse. Bluetooth is GREAT! :)

#3 ·
I don't think so, but you would have to check with your dealer. Only guessing here, but I think it's part of the GXP package for the 09's with the UPS package (or something like that).
You are right though, it's a very cool feature. I had no idea how cool until she used it, just how handy it is.

#4 ·
When I bought my 08 in July, I was specific when I asked about the BT and the pairing of my V3. The 08 can be paired ONLY if I was using Verizon. Not wanting to change cell providers -again- I opted to activate the cell phone via the OnStar system. 09 may have fixed this, and since I have a option I'm happy with, I have not checked with GM to see if there is a software upgrade to fix that issue.

Several options:

Parrot devices are inexpensive and DIY installations.

Pioneer AVIC double DIN series are a little more pricey, but of course you are replacing your sound system with a high quality system that includes BT (option) GPS navigation, DVD player, CD recorder, XM (option), rear view camera (option). Is DIY but I recommend pro install unless you're very good at that sort of thing.

Change provider to Verizon.

My system: AVIC Z3 so I actually have two ways to call. 90% of my calls are using my cell phone paired to the Z3. Automatically mutes the radio (if playing) and is excellent quality in both talk and listen (with top down though, high wind noise complaints from listeners). 10% of calls would be from roaming or no signal for the AT&T cellular, so I use the OnStar system.

#5 ·
DDD ENGR said:
When I bought my 08 in July, I was specific when I asked about the BT and the pairing of my V3. The 08 can be paired ONLY if I was using Verizon. Not wanting to change cell providers -again- I opted to activate the cell phone via the OnStar system. 09 may have fixed this, and since I have a option I'm happy with, I have not checked with GM to see if there is a software upgrade to fix that issue.
BlueTooth only became available on the 2009 Solstice.

#7 ·
Man all my other cars have bluetooth n intel keys and those r the 2 things i mis the most that our Sols dont have...

#8 ·
kennysabarese said:
what i want to know is if i can put the 2009 stereo into my 2007 and get the bluetooth functions
The BlueTooth functions are not in the radio. They are part of the OnStar system. There is no upgade expected, at this time, for past model years.

#10 ·
Hmmm... If the Bluetooth works from the OnStar system, will it still work if you are no longer subscribed to OnStar? This Bluetooth phone system, does it cost anything extra from OnStar like the OnStar phone does or does it just use up your cellular minutes like I'm hoping?
I'm too new to sort this out for myself yet. Thanks!

#11 ·
i got a 1 year free subscription with onstar on my 2008 gxp, and i wish i could only have the bluetooth option to be able to talk.
but i have bought 2hours of call time with onstar for 20$... not so bad buts its only an initial offer.

bah, ill have to buy a regular bluetooth microphone i guess.

about cell phone... where do you guy put your cellphone when you are charging them ? there is no place !!! my phone keep flying around when i drive :(

#12 ·
about cell phone... where do you guys put your cellphone when you are charging them ? there is no place !!! my phone keep flying around when i drive :(
My Razr V3 fits perfectly in the super secret kangaroo pouch located on the front surface of the drivers seat.

I also keep other skinny things like gate card keys and parking passes.

The charge cord just drupes near the floor until it plugs into the 12v outlet just under the radio.

#18 ·
Luckily, I had a very good salesman and he had a script to follow that showed me all the storage places:

-Locking glove box (duh)
-Storage pockets attached to the front of the seat cushions (Kangaroo pouches)
-Map pockets on the back of each seat as well as netted storage behind the seats (1 less w/Monsoon)
-Fold-out storage bin in the center between the seatbacks
-Molded recesses in the trim panel behind the seats. (hmmm, think I need to find that one again)
-Door sill storage slots accommodate pens, narrow cell phones, or maps.

Happy storing;)

#17 ·
Much better than trying to drive with one hand on the wheel and a cell phone in the other.

#19 ·
Super secret pouch

No such thing,it is a pouch on the front of the drivers seat.LOL:willy:

#26 ·
Has anyone tried adding bluetooth to their cars using a kit like USA-SPEC's BT45-GM20?
It's an interface that plugs in between the XM tuner and the headunit, lets you keep XM and operate bluetooth (both handsfree and music) through the radion and steering wheel controls.
I'd really like to be able to stream music and navigation etc. (in fact, I'd use Android Auto on phone's screen) while also not wanting to get a new fancy touchscreen headunit so as to not spoil the "factory look" of the dash.
Price's around $170 so about half of any slightly decent touchscreen multimedia headunit (that's before added cost of chime/turn signal clicker interface, custom harness etc.)
It's a bit of an old piece of tech though, and I'm not sure it'd work well with current phones and also worried about music and call quality being subpar. That's why I'm asking about anyone's experience with this unit.
EDIT: Oh, of course, if I buyt this interface instead of the headunit, I'd have to invest in a good phone mount too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.