Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Follow me here. I picked up a Jabra BT3030 several years ago. It is sold as a Bluetooth headset -- and I use it that way on my bicycle. But the ear buds are detachable so when I'm in a car without bluetooth, I simply unplug the ear buds and use a short mini male to mini male stereo connector to connect to the aux in on the radio. It is rechargeable with the same mini-usb cable the phone uses so I can have it on for long runs. For forty-some bucks or so, it is a handy gadget to have around. Here is a link to a newer version.

·
Premium Member
701 Posts
I replaced mine with a VCIM from an 09/10 Malibu I bought on ebay for $75.

I don't have onstar service, so I never bothered to see if that would work but the Bluetooth works great. There are threads about which part to look for etc.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I purchased a Pioneer AVIC-X940 BT love it,and yes there are a few parts you will need to make a good retrofit.I like the fairly large screen for nav,like I said you do need to purchase a few items such as a antenna adapter,found on Amazon for $6.00 or less,a Lan -interface,also find on Amazon or Ebay ,found mine for $20.00 used,a steering wheel interface I purchased for less than $10.00. The reason id that theses cars use data bits to turn radio on and off if you do not ues the GM Lan interface and just power it with straight 12VDC it won't turn off when driver doors opens.A few things but was very easy to swap out the head unit get BT and Nav to boot..

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I replaced mine with a VCIM from an 09/10 Malibu I bought on ebay for $75.

I don't have onstar service, so I never bothered to see if that would work but the Bluetooth works great. There are threads about which part to look for etc.
Was yours just "plug and play" even though it was used, or was a visit to a dealership involved for reprogramming?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
No not really,not sure what you mean by plug and play.If you are asking me if all I had to do was install head unit and turn it on ,then no.You need a few pieces to make the interface from aftermarket to vehicle.As I posted ,steering wheel control,GMC-Lan ,antenna adapter and a bezel for the radio to mate up to the original opening.All in all pretty simple,very little programming .

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yea ok thanks,just trying to help some,def missed that part.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would like to add Bluetooth to my '07 GXP. This has probably been asked a few times, but, I will ask again......what is the part number for the OnStar/Bluetooth module that is required ???

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
There are different part numbers over time. I looked up my (many years) old notes and found this, though I cannot guarantee these are correct, it is a place to start:

Communication, (OnStar, opt UE1), (R. Rr qtr trim), voice recognition (opt UPF), ID 20793309
Communication, (OnStar, opt UE1), (R. Rr qtr trim), voice recognition (opt UPF), ID 25807050
Communication, (OnStar, opt UE1), (R. Rr qtr trim), voice recognition (opt UPF), ID 25983291

Note, officially, you cannot buy this part separately (new). GM will only sell for collision replacement. If you get from a scrap yard, I believe you'll need to get the anti-theft reset to be able to use OnStar in your car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I purchased a small device that plugs into the audio jack on the front of radio. When connected via Bluetooth to my phone, I can stream audio to the stereo. It also has a small microphone that can be used to place calls. The one I have was made by Tzumi, and I got it from Best Buy. There are other manufacturers. It is not the OEM solution, but it is a simple solution.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a vcim with bluetooth antenna for sale then. Got false tripped by the onstar mirror, but turns out someone must have swapped it out as there is no vcim in the regular location and no ue1 rpo code.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts