Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an email address for bob lutz or know the gm email format. I was goin to email him and ask him if he has a photo of the solstice with the top up that he would be willing to publicly share with us

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Good luck! :) I don't know if Bob has a direct email that is available on the web.

You may want to check out his web blog and put a post on there about the top, or email Pontiac from their website.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
goalscore247 said:
Does anyone have an email address for bob lutz or know the gm email format. I was goin to email him and ask him if he has a photo of the solstice with the top up that he would be willing to publicly share with us
:lol: :brentil: :banghead: :glol:
You can send an email through corporate and the best place to have anybody inside read something and post it on the web is at fastlane.gmblogs.com

As far as solsticeman, oops I mean Bob sharing a photo of something that doesn't exist yet??? :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Ah, a thread about the top!!!

When are we going to hear about this top. I thought we'd get a bite sometime near NAIAS, no luck. The car mags have nothing. The wait is unbelievable, and that's from someone who knows they are not buying a first year Sol. So what gives, they stiching these things by hand :devil:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RODEO said:
Ah, a thread about the top!!!

When are we going to hear about this top. I thought we'd get a bite sometime near NAIAS, no luck. The car mags have nothing. The wait is unbelievable, and that's from someone who knows they are not buying a first year Sol. So what gives, they stiching these things by hand :devil:
Thats what i want to figure out. One way or another ild like to atleast get an explaination if not a pic

·
4,592 Posts
yea, I agree. Even the MX-5 mazda got a pic of the top. It's time, bring on the pic, or PO pontiac :cuss:

there is no excuse any more for not releasing some pics of a top! And if anyone thinks of a reason, I doubt it would hold up in the court of public opinion.

It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time, It's time :willy:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone even know the format of the gm emails. i was gonna look on the site but everything on there is internal though there question services on the site

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
email

The email you guys want to send cannot be sent through any other email except a General Motors server email address. I luckly have family in the business, so I was able to email him a few years back. So unless you have a GM server email addy, you cannot send through a hotmail email addy to a GM. you have to be on the same server. (Sucks)

·
4,592 Posts
try a phone call, I bet a message can be gotten to him!

C'mon S-Man, tell us how to get to Bob's door/phone/email, can you say stalker, hehe :devil:

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
dylan01 said:
The email you guys want to send cannot be sent through any other email except a General Motors server email address. I luckly have family in the business, so I was able to email him a few years back. So unless you have a GM server email addy, you cannot send through a hotmail email addy to a GM. you have to be on the same server. (Sucks)
That's not entirely true... you can send e-mails directly to GM employees, however you might not be able to get one to Bob Lutz or others near that level within the company.

I e-mail people at many of the automotive companies, directly to their inbox's all the time...

I will not give out the e-mail format, nor should anyone else who has that information. I would suggest two things, which have been posted above. Try the blog, and try a message from the main pontiac website. You could even check on the GM website, I'm sure there is a contact e-mail address there as well.

You could also send a postal letter (you know, write something down, stick it in an evelope, and put a stamp on it... yeah, time consuming in this day and age) to Bob Lutz and address it to the main corporate address. It may or may not ever get to him, I don't know... maybe someone opens his mail and screens it... but that is another legit way to try at least.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Straight from the gm fastlane how to contact: Michael Wiley, director of communications, new media [email protected]
He or his staff review all submissions and conceivably could forward individual requests to the appropriate party. Since this info is directly listed on their site there should be no problem sharing it here (same effect as posting a link)

·
4,592 Posts
achieftain said:
Straight from the gm fastlane how to contact: Michael Wiley, director of communications, new media [email protected]
He or his staff review all submissions and conceivably could forward individual requests to the appropriate party. Since this info is directly listed on their site there should be no problem sharing it here (same effect as posting a link)
Should we hammer them with request, in form letter fashion, kinda like bugging a state rep for action????

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Come on Lutz show us the top already...that MX-5 in red is starting to look good :devil:

·
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
agrees

rlhammon said:
.I will not give out the e-mail format, nor should anyone else who has that information.
I completely agree. It is ment to be private, and I wouldent appreciate if I gave somebody my email, and they told the rest of the world. (Well... if I was famous.)

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
Should we hammer them with request, in form letter fashion, kinda like bugging a state rep for action????
Not a bad idea, but each person should submit their own comment in their wn words. 1. Its more effective 2. Some email programs can root out cooki-cutter response and treat it like spam. 3. I know they read submissions because I told them about the incident with the std man trans costing additional and they posted their response along with mine.

·
4,592 Posts
achieftain said:
Not a bad idea, but each person should submit their own comment in their wn words. 1. Its more effective 2. Some email programs can root out cooki-cutter response and treat it like spam. 3. I know they read submissions because I told them about the incident with the std man trans costing additional and they posted their response along with mine.
I sent mine :willy:

·
Registered
66 Posts
RODEO said:
hehehehehehehehehehe :devil:

since pontiac won't show us the top, here's more top pics of the competition's top and trunk!

http://pics.aus-cartalk.com/General/Pictures/nc/Melbourne_launch/

Oh, man. What is the deal with the chicks in their skivvies running around with fans? If Mazda needs chicks to make their car apealing, Pontiac has got it made. Look at the suits in the forground eating it up too! :skep:

·
4,592 Posts
chenslee said:
Oh, man. What is the deal with the chicks in their skivvies running around with fans? If Mazda needs chicks to make their car apealing, Pontiac has got it made. Look at the suits in the forground eating it up too! :skep:
So you don't like the PR department's job, didn't Solstice appear in SI.com?

What I don't get is, the SKY had a official kinda launch at NAIAS where the exec jumped into it from the second floor balcony. The miata has video presentations out, and it's got flash animations on their website. What is pontiac doing, nada, come on pontiac, pony up :cuss:

1 - 20 of 67 Posts