Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Bob's email

16K views 66 replies 15 participants last post by  DreamerDave 
goalscore247 said:
Does anyone have an email address for bob lutz or know the gm email format. I was goin to email him and ask him if he has a photo of the solstice with the top up that he would be willing to publicly share with us
:lol: :brentil: :banghead: :glol:
You can send an email through corporate and the best place to have anybody inside read something and post it on the web is at fastlane.gmblogs.com

As far as solsticeman, oops I mean Bob sharing a photo of something that doesn't exist yet??? :lol:

Straight from the gm fastlane how to contact: Michael Wiley, director of communications, new media wiley@gmblogs.com
He or his staff review all submissions and conceivably could forward individual requests to the appropriate party. Since this info is directly listed on their site there should be no problem sharing it here (same effect as posting a link)

RODEO said:
Should we hammer them with request, in form letter fashion, kinda like bugging a state rep for action????
Not a bad idea, but each person should submit their own comment in their wn words. 1. Its more effective 2. Some email programs can root out cooki-cutter response and treat it like spam. 3. I know they read submissions because I told them about the incident with the std man trans costing additional and they posted their response along with mine.

rlhammon said:
With 10 weeks to SOP, there will be no major plans to change anything. The only things that will be changed from here to SOP will be problems. And... if there were still problems with the top (a major component) then the SOP date would not be confirmed. Granted, nobody likes to push back SOP... it's VERY expensive... but if the problem can not be sorted, or reworked, then the car wouldn't get built.

By saleable, I'm referring to the GM builds, in which there are many... near the SOP date they increase in frequency, and have non-saleable and saleable builds. Saleable simply means the parts in the car are production intent (at least as closely as can be)... all parts should have been off production tooling (from every supplier), and produced a production rates, so that the result would be a car with the same parts and quality as will roll off the assembly line after SOP. Saleable does not me that the car will be sent to a dealership and sold.

Ff88... I love reading your posts, and find your posts informative... however, in this instance having been in the automotive world for a good deal of time, I'm inclined to say any vehicle built since February (the last build date I am aware of) will be 99.9% as production will be. Even if it is not a saleable build in February. Also, having some knowledge of what's going on with "problem areas" of this car I have confidence that the top is not changing at this point and that the issues which were being noticed have been resolved.
Then if the top is done and not changing, why the secrecy and lack of pics? Just because pictures of top down convertibles are sexier? They will have to ship from the factory to the dealers with the top up. Unless they use the Saturn delivery trailers with the side curtains.

I emailed to gm and politely requested they pass along my request for top info to Solsticeman, I mean Bob, and this is the somewhat canned response I got:

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the 2006 Pontiac Solstice! We apologize, but we are not able to forward your email to Robert Lutz. We also apologize that we do not have access to a picture of the production Solstice with the top up. We are able to tell you that the 2006 Solstice will not have an available option for an automatic top or hardtop. We should have more pictures available in summer of 2005 or you can keep in contact with your preferred Pontiac dealer, since they will be the first informed of new information.

We hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have any additional questions or would like to receive product information on any of our other vehicles, you may write back or contact Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, between 8:00am - 11:00pm Eastern Time, seven days per week. Thank you for contacting Pontiac!

Sincerely,

Amy Yamasaki
Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac
She did leave room for speculation that maybe 07 or 08 we may see power top and hardtop. Note she said the "2006 Solstice" would not have these options, not the "Solstice" would not.

RODEO said:
Looks like Bob's, errrr, S-Man's, Inbox is full :lol: :brentil:

p.s. I sent mine to the blog contact. No response :(
FYI I posted my before referenced email through pontiac.com.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.