Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
LatinVenom said:
Well BOB/SM what I think is Rlhammon is one of your people and in an inderect way, GM were trying to tells us to go look, see we left it there for you boys and girls, and no, the guards have been told to leave you alone this time.
Don't I wish I worked with GM... well, actually I don't think I wish that, and I don't work for any of the OEM's... however I don't think at this point it's any surprise that I am somehow related to a supplier or in some way work for a company which does business for at least GM and maybe other OEM's. I'm sure others on here have similar working situations.

Back to the point at discussion now (the car and not the e-mail to Bob Lutz), you could see the car from Gate C (aka. Contractor's Gate), but only if you knew what it was. Yes, Solsticeman you're probally right that you'd have to pull up into the gate... I've never been there outside of business hours so not sure what the guard situation is like at that time. But that's not the point... Solsticeman is correct in that guards will show up quickly if you are stopped around the grounds, even if you are inside your car. The only reason I even posted the information was in case someone (non-automotive world) was in the area and could stop by and provide some information to the forum. Knowing that the car was sitting there at the end of the day and was going to be there until morning (most likely) it provided one of the rare times in which someone might be able to stop and see the car. Most of the other reports have been seeing the Solstice on the road, which in itself is a rather rare thing.

In hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have said anything. I haven't caused any problems per se, but still... I guess it wasn't a productive post and didn't contribute at all to the forum.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I emailed to gm and politely requested they pass along my request for top info to Solsticeman, I mean Bob, and this is the somewhat canned response I got:

Thank you for contacting Pontiac and for your interest in the 2006 Pontiac Solstice! We apologize, but we are not able to forward your email to Robert Lutz. We also apologize that we do not have access to a picture of the production Solstice with the top up. We are able to tell you that the 2006 Solstice will not have an available option for an automatic top or hardtop. We should have more pictures available in summer of 2005 or you can keep in contact with your preferred Pontiac dealer, since they will be the first informed of new information.

We hope that this information is helpful to you. If you have any additional questions or would like to receive product information on any of our other vehicles, you may write back or contact Pontiac at 1-800-762-2737, between 8:00am - 11:00pm Eastern Time, seven days per week. Thank you for contacting Pontiac!

Sincerely,

Amy Yamasaki
Customer Relationship Manager
Pontiac
She did leave room for speculation that maybe 07 or 08 we may see power top and hardtop. Note she said the "2006 Solstice" would not have these options, not the "Solstice" would not.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Guys,

Lutz is a VERY busy man. You really shouldn't be bothering him with e-mails, even if you do know what his e-mail is. Honestly, in the big scheme of things, the Solstice/Sky is small fry - low volume, low profit potential, limited MSRP... do you really think he doesn't know that we all want to see the top.

Take advantage of the blogs, contact pontiac directly and work the phones (remember, those things that you put up to your ear and talk - actually INTERACT, real-time, with another person), use your charm... work up the ladder through avenues (there's a phone number on the e-mail two posts back, start there...)

But if there a bunch of folks bugging Lutz through e-mail, you may just end up in a semi-spam-filter being installed, which could also prevent legitimate internal low-level-organization communication directly to the top.

Just my $0.02, but it's a fine line between seeking information and hi-volume, low-value e-mail.

·
4,592 Posts
solsticeman said:
Guys,

Lutz is a VERY busy man. You really shouldn't be bothering him with e-mails, even if you do know what his e-mail is. Honestly, in the big scheme of things, the Solstice/Sky is small fry - low volume, low profit potential, limited MSRP... do you really think he doesn't know that we all want to see the top.

Take advantage of the blogs, contact pontiac directly and work the phones (remember, those things that you put up to your ear and talk - actually INTERACT, real-time, with another person), use your charm... work up the ladder through avenues (there's a phone number on the e-mail two posts back, start there...)

But if there a bunch of folks bugging Lutz through e-mail, you may just end up in a semi-spam-filter being installed, which could also prevent legitimate internal low-level-organization communication directly to the top.

Just my $0.02, but it's a fine line between seeking information and hi-volume, low-value e-mail.

Looks like Bob's, errrr, S-Man's, Inbox is full :lol: :brentil:

p.s. I sent mine to the blog contact. No response :(

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Bob is sitting at his desk right now laughing at everyone in this thread! (insert Dr. Evil laugh here). :glol:
GOOD ONE :glol: Like the Dr. Evil touch :D

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Bob is sitting at his desk right now laughing at everyone in this thread! (insert Dr. Evil laugh here). :glol:
:lol: In his Dr. Evil voice he's saying I'll let you see the top for one million dollars ;)

·
Registered
391 Posts
RODEO said:

:(
Are you saying Solsticeman is Bob Lutz?
Because if this is some kind of inside joke it is getting old.
We have alot of people that see this forum and they see comments like this and will think Bob Lutz is a forum member that goes by the screen name "Solsticeman"
I dont think it is proper to say things like that. If Solsticeman is not Bob Lutz please stop impliying that he is. (even the inside jokes get misunderstood by those on the outside)
Identity theft is a nasty thing and if GM is looking at this forum it looks realy bad for the forum.
I am not going to say that anyone is a theif, so please dont take it the wrong way, We just have to many new people that may misunderstand your comments if it is an inside joke.

Thank you Rick.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Rick,

Hadn't thought it would be taken this way, but we can put this to bed.

No, I'm not Bob Lutz. I would think that it would be intuitively obvious, but hope this clears things up.

This started with the following thread, as a joke that was started a while back. Clark Kent is to Superman as Bob Lutz is to........???

I'm sure Lutz is way too busy to establish an ID, log on, post information, organize and moderate the forum as the lone moderator, make animated gifs in his spare time for use as avatars....

I never thought anyone would ever assume that I was Bob Lutz, nor assume that I was trying to seriously imply that I was. If there is really anyone out there that was thinking that, please accept my apologies.

Darn it! Just knocked off another of the possible identies...

<edit - info added 3/1/06>

This is an excerpt of the audio from the video of the 8/5/05 presentation of VIN#001 in Detroit by Lutz.

From the man, Lutz, himself.

This is a *.wav file, so download it to your harddrive, then rename from *.txt to *.wav, and it should play.

Bob Lutz said:
...and by the way, there's a guy on the forum who posts such quasi-insider information that he repeatedly has had to post 'No, I am not Bob Lutz'. And the truth is, he's not....
Contrary to the humorous photochop in this thread... :glol:
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3906

I can unequivocally say without a doubt that I AM ALSO NOT LORI QUEEN, either.

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thank you, but I need more clues for your true identity ;)

·
4,592 Posts
You've got to be kidding!

Thanks for clearing that up Bob, but I don't buy it, besides, what fun woud reading the comic books be if you really admitted it :lol:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well even if ur not, as ive read in earlier threads GM IS watching. Corrrect me if im wrong but thats what everyone keeps saying, so idk if hes bob or not but they have someone watching so just keep sayin stuff eventually maybe we will get through to them

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:

p.s. I sent mine to the blog contact. No response :(
FYI I posted my before referenced email through pontiac.com.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
goalscore247 said:
Well even if ur not, as ive read in earlier threads GM IS watching. Corrrect me if im wrong but thats what everyone keeps saying, so idk if hes bob or not but they have someone watching so just keep sayin stuff eventually maybe we will get through to them
He's not really Bob. He's Rick Wagoner! :glol: (j/k of course!) Solstiman as Bob is an inside joke. However, your right when you say GM is watching, and they are watching to get feedback and guage opinion. Bob may have even checked in himself to see what was being said from time to time. Who knows.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Fformula88 said:
He's not really Bob. He's Rick Wagoner! :glol: (j/k of course!) Solstiman as Bob is an inside joke. However, your right when you say GM is watching, and they are watching to get feedback and guage opinion. Bob may have even checked in himself to see what was being said from time to time. Who knows.
I wish i worked for GM and had the inside. Thanks for responding because i set that up as more of a question than a statement because i heard that they were watching but didnt know if anyone knew if it was true or not

41 - 60 of 67 Posts