Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas. I've got a boost controller on back order from a popular vendor. Been waiting for a very long time. Not sure I'll ever see my $800 again. So, I'm wondering if just going with larger springs in my wastegate and then retuned would be a good option. Any comments or advice is welcomed. Thanks. (Precision Turbo 5531 with 39mm wastegate; natural and red springs came with the kit, thinking of going with green instead of red for 10.7 psi instead of 6.9; 60# siemens injectors; custom downpipe with high flow cat and SQR2 Solo dual center exhaust)

·
Vendor
1,394 Posts
Looking for ideas. I've got a boost controller on back order from a popular vendor. Been waiting for a very long time. Not sure I'll ever see my $800 again. So, I'm wondering if just going with larger springs in my wastegate and then retuned would be a good option. Any comments or advice is welcomed. Thanks. (Precision Turbo 5531 with 39mm wastegate; natural and red springs came with the kit, thinking of going with green instead of red for 10.7 psi instead of 6.9; 60# siemens injectors; custom downpipe with high flow cat and SQR2 Solo dual center exhaust)
The springs in the precision wastegates work pretty good. If you are waiting on an electric boost controller, some of those do allow better fine tuning of the boost ramp and overshoot than just the springs, along with multiple boost pressures. The springs though work well and if you are happy with one boost setup, it should do the job just fine.

Hope that helps,
Dave

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
I’ve got a GReddy Profec on mine. Works great. I think it was around $400 two years ago.

I had an issue with my blow off valve now closing completely, and had to put a larger spring in for that. But, the boost controller solved all of my waste gate / boost pressure issues. It’s also nice to b able to keep it at 10 psi on the street, and bump it to 13psi at the track.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Raygun, I see we have the same 2006 2.4. No internal upgrades I see. Me neither. Everything okay at 13psi?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts