Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm a long time reader, but first time poster of this forum.

I have a 2007 GXP and am having an odd problem. I removed the cam/top cover to have a look at my timing chain, and also changed out the timing chain tensioner. After I put the cover back on, and reconnected all hoses and electronics and drove the car, I noticed my boost is totally screwed. The turbo spools very slowly at WOT, but once it gets going, it raises the boost to above 25 psi, and I'm sure it'd go higher, but for the engines sake, I let off the throttle. There are no leaks, and I even tried putting the stock BOV back on, and that didn't help. I didn't touch the wastegate or turbo, or anything that would seem to affect boost. I also tried resetting the ECM by disconnecting the battery for ten minutes. Nothing has fixed my issue thus far. I have no CEL either. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
330 Posts
IS this car new to you? you sure it's not tuned?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It is tuned. I have the Trifecta tune, but that's not the problem. This just started today, and I've had a tune for 6 months. Trifecta limits the boost to around 23-25 psi and spools very quickly. The boost is going too high with Trifecta on or off, and is slow to spool.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts