Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have an 07 sol GXP with Dejon intake solo street race exhaust and trifecta tune...I put new plugs in (ac delco stock replacments) all gapped to .028 ran good for a bit but am now feeling a lose in power and am not hitting boost levels I once was... In 2nd and 3rd ill hit 21-22 but will drop down to 16 in 4th gear I'm hitting 22 psi and holding....it also sounds very different I can hear the turbo hissing a lot which makes me believe it's a boost leak. Also feels like the boost comes on later then before...Or could it be a tuning issue with the replacement plugs Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Andrew

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Also should gap the plugs at 30 or 32.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tonight while driving I felt the boost completely disappear....it'll hit 3 lbs and that's it...CEL came on for turbo under boosting so im assuming a boost leak. Is there a way to do a boost pressure test from home or is it best to goto a shop...

·
Registered
7,158 Posts
Your car went into limp mode, probably because it deemed the leak too great. It should be fine when you restart it until it trips again.

I'll lay money that it's one of your clamps. Tighten the ones on the driver side for now, then buy proper T-clamps (DDM sells a kit) and replace them.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Also check the solenoid connections. You will find it just below the intake of the turbo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts