Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got the word that my Thanksgiving present is on it's way! It left lordstown today and will be at the dealer "hopefully" by friday.

:party:

dylan I hope yours is with it!!!

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

SlipSlider said:
I got the word that my Thanksgiving present is on it's way! It left lordstown today and will be at the dealer "hopefully" by friday.

That would be great if it happens, however, mine left Lordstown on the 19th and still no sign of it. They told me 17 days average delivery plus 3-4 days to the dealer from the final drop off point. That would make it next Monday which is about 10 days past the day the dealer is supposed to start paying intrest on the car.

Glad to hear it's on the way though.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CanSol said:
That would be great if it happens, however, mine left Lordstown on the 19th and still no sign of it. They told me 17 days average delivery plus 3-4 days to the dealer from the final drop off point. That would make it next Monday which is about 10 days past the day the dealer is supposed to start paying intrest on the car.

yeah, but you live in BC! I can see it taking a while to get out there. Unless they were smart and put it on a rail car.

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

SlipSlider said:
yeah, but you live in BC! I can see it taking a while to get out there. Unless they were smart and put it on a rail car.
It was on a railcar when it left Lordstown, however, there is a transfer point somewhere in Ontario and it depends on how long it sits there.

There would be no reason for it to take 17 days if it was not for the transfer point. If I can drive to Ontario in five days it shouldn't take a train that travels 24 hrs a day that long to get to BC from Ontario.

I have a work site (other than the one I report to) that is next to the rail yard here in BC and I have been making excuses to go over there to look for my car every day. I think they are getting suspicious that I appear there so often. ;)

·
Registered
269 Posts
CanSol

Forgot to mention that there are a number of BC bound cars with mine so it may be an early Christmas for some buyers out here. I have a hunch that both cars I ordered are on the same train even though I ordered one in April and bought one through a completely different dealer in another part of BC about three months later.

He had ordered it in April for stock.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Partyyyyyyy

SlipSlider said:

Hey man! congratulations! I look forward to seeing it when ya get her. I am hoping and praying now that mine is with yours. After all, it does make sense to send husband/wife (hahah remember that conversation?) together because of the proximity between the two dealers. I am honestly really glad that you are FINALLY getting yours. I remember when you just blew off a huge tonne of steam that one time... forget what the whole deal was about. It is finally paying off...you are an owner of a Solstice dude! :willy:
Really though, If ours came the same day that would be soo rad. When you get it, make sure you post your pictures though. Hey... were you notified that yours had even left the plant? Did the dealer just call you up out of the blue?

-Congratulations again
Dylan

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SlipSlider said:

:party: :party: :party:

GREAT NEWS JEFF. :thumbs:

I pick up my 330ci Wednesday. All I need to do now is to talk the wife into having them both, assuming the Solstice every shows up someday. :lol:

Oh, your forgot to explain to the Americans that we celebrate Thanksgiving way earlier than they do on account of late November being the start of ski season, not harvest time.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I will be waiting longer... maybe late next week.

B R U T A L

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Fortyninenorth said:
:party: :party: :party:

GREAT NEWS JEFF. :thumbs:

I pick up my 330ci Wednesday. All I need to do now is to talk the wife into having them both, assuming the Solstice every shows up someday. :lol:

Oh, your forgot to explain to the Americans that we celebrate Thanksgiving way earlier than they do on account of late November being the start of ski season, not harvest time.
That's like the old joke, do you have 4th of July in Canada? Sure it falls between 3rd and 5th every year. :lol:

·
Registered
126 Posts
CanSol said:

So hopefully thier is a whole train full as my dealer said he is now paying interest to GM. So that means the car should not be to far behind. Fingers crossed. If mine is on the same train it should stop in Calgary first. How did you find out it was on a train from Lordstown???
:cheers:
Aggressive all the way

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No word yet!

All together now...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
SlipSlider said:
No word yet!

All together now...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Sorry to hear you haven't heard anything. And you are right there in GM Canada land.

Doesn't give the rest of us much hope of knowing what is going on. :(

But too quote my email from GM Canada. "Thank you for writing to us again, however we must advise you that we have already provided you with all the information available at this time"

Translation, we don't know anything, so we can't tell you anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts