Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's with Pontiac with these lame every-day colors? With such a unique out-of-the-box design, add some out-of-the-box colors for God's sake! "Envy Green"???? Look's like a stool sample of someone with the flu. "Agressive Red"???? Been there, done that! And let's not forget about those oh so unusual shades of SILVER....wow, now that's really thinking creatively. So what if half the cars on the road today are SILVER??? Here's hoping for a couple of special colors for the 2007 turbo model!!! MESSAGE TO GM COLOR TEAM: Your designers have given you one of the coolest looking cars ever to exist on this planet, therefore it's high time to wake up and pull your heads out of your asses and add some worthy colors to this insane car!!! I'm out of here!!!

·
5,600 Posts
CalBear said:
What's with Pontiac with these lame every-day colors? With such a unique out-of-the-box design, add some out-of-the-box colors for God's sake! "Envy Green"???? Look's like a stool sample of someone with the flu. "Agressive Red"???? Been there, done that! And let's not forget about those oh so unusual shades of SILVER....wow, now that's really thinking creatively. So what if half the cars on the road today are SILVER??? Here's hoping for a couple of special colors for the 2007 turbo model!!! MESSAGE TO GM COLOR TEAM: Your designers have given you one of the coolest looking cars ever to exist on this planet, therefore it's high time to wake up and pull your heads out of your asses and add some worthy colors to this insane car!!! I'm out of here!!!
:agree:
The Solstice color choice is terrible. I think GM overall is way too conservative with their paint choices. That's fine for Buick and maybe Cadillac also. But how about yellow, orange, burgundy, a candy color and maybe a light silver-blue or silver-green metallic. Very boring colors indeed. I can only hope GM is saving the hot colors for the GXP - but I doubt it. When it comes to paint, GM has NO imagination. Oh well, looks like we are stuck with it. But nobody is going to buy white - so why not replace it with a wild color just for grins and see how the market reacts to it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
CalBear said:
if you are that concerned about the colors may I suggest you contact Pontiac directly through their customer service 800 number or website... venting on here dosen't help that much but make the people that like these colors mad...

Telephone Us

If you have a question, comment, or problem with a product or service, let us know, we will be happy to serve you. Customer Relationship Managers are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Eastern Time.

Customer Assistance Center

Inside the U.S.: 1-800-762-2737
Inside Canada: 1-800-263-3777

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
heismybooty said:
What colors did you have in mind? Ooh, Ooh, like pink? LOL No, really, what do you suggest?
:agree:
I love these people that criticize yet have no constructive solutions...

Hey CalBear, You can always go to Maaco and have it painted in any one of their non-boring colors....for 249 dollars LOL :yawn:

·
Registered
753 Posts
CalBear said:
What's with Pontiac with these lame every-day colors? With such a unique out-of-the-box design, add some out-of-the-box colors for God's sake! "Envy Green"???? Look's like a stool sample of someone with the flu. "Agressive Red"???? Been there, done that! And let's not forget about those oh so unusual shades of SILVER....wow, now that's really thinking creatively.
it's thinking classic in my book. not that there is anything wrong with more color choices, but black-white-silver-red- are must have color choices, and green is a classic sports car color. the only crayons in this box that were optional are dark blue.......i've seen it and it's real nice.... and the dark grey metallic- the show/ concept car color also very nice.
you'll see more colors in time. i bet they will add a yellow before long. but if color choices were limited to seven, i think black/white/red/green/blue and two silvers is not an unreasonable choice.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Maybe they are saving the wild and crazy colors for the Turbo version. After all you don't what to be too flashy if you can't deliver the performance.

I too find the palette somewhat limited, but then I looked at the BMW Z4 colours and guess what, other than a light blue, which doesn't look great, there isn't any difference.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Geez, they rush a car into production in two years and now we are complaining about color choices? I have no doubt that they will change the colors from year to year, but I wouldn't call the current choices bad. They are a good start.

If a car looks good, it don't need wild colors to attract attention. This car looks good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I think the solistice is meant to be classic. The Sky has the more wild colors. They have a really nice looking yellow.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Just buy it and take it to the paint shop. You can choose your own color and add whatever graphics you want. Don't depend on GM to satisfy every craving in your body... :devil:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Colors

I can't say the colors are boring or poor choices that pontiac has picked, but a millenuem yellow, like used on the vet would also be a nice choice. I saw all the cars at the ride & drive on friday and I wouldn't cut down any of these colors. They all looked great and I don't think anybody that is interested in buying a soletice should be cutting down pontiac for what they have done in just a couple years from design to production. I guess if your not interested in the colors they have now, maybe wait in your purchase to see what the future brings.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I've posted this before, I think the color choices are very dissapointing as well. I agree that the car needs to have conservative, or classic colors, but they could have made room for a few bright colors too. Something like,

Cool
Mysterious
Deep
a lighter shade of Envious
a darker mettallic Aggressive
Yellow
Copper Orange Mettallic

This would still only be seven colors to keep costs down, would satisfy those that want a classic look and those that want custom look. No need for GM to create new colors for the Solstice, they already have great colors in their inventory that would cover this. I'm sure thier plan is to release more attention getting colors when the turbo comes out, and when ever the model starts to get stale. I think they just had trouble coming up with goofy "emotive" names for alternative colors! :lol:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
hughfwolfe said:
:agree: The colors are boring... They are fine if your driving a Buick... Take a look at Lotus color choices and see what they offer, http://www.eliseracing.com/
NICE find! If Pontiac had offered Racing Green, that would have been my choice. Still, don't get me wrong: I'm happy - VERY happy - with Mysterious Black. I've had a hard time concentrating on life since I moved into the 1st 1000 ... definitely hoping for some August top-down drive time!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
if I remember correctly in 84 when the Fiero came out you had two choices at first white or red...
how much does that Lotus cost anyway compared to a Solstice? (43,000 for the lotus, 19,995 for the Solstice)
the more color choices you have the more overhead you have driving the cost per vehicle up.....those colors were chosen because they are the most popular sold on ALL cars.. so they are the least expensive to stock....why stock a color that maybe one out of a thousand cars will be painted....
These so called Hot colors are mostly a fad that in a couple years you won't like anymore anyway... remember all the turquoise cars that were out a few years ago... how about the Kermit the frog green that the Neon had, Don't they look dated now??
Now it is that Burnt Orange or the Bright Yellow, believe me red or black will look good in a few years compared to those colors...

If you don't like the colors now just wait till they have more or get the dang car painted a different color.. and quityerbellyackin....

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
GC112076 said:
I can't say the colors are boring or poor choices that pontiac has picked, but a millenuem yellow, like used on the vet would also be a nice choice.
My father bought an '03 Z06 in millenium yellow...

...and THAT peticular color is the ONLY color that is a surcharge in the GM line-up... and it was an extra $750.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Fortimir said:

...and THAT peticular color is the ONLY color that is a surcharge in the GM line-up... and it was an extra $750.
Actually, my 02 Corvette had the Magnetic Red Metallic which was also an extra $750. :cool:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Rogobuck said:
Actually, my 02 Corvette had the Magnetic Red Metallic which was also an extra $750. :cool:
The dealer said for '03 that was the only one... but I believe it has to do with the metallic colors, because they have to change/clean the paint arms between those colors.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Fortimir said:

I think you are incorrect, there was a couple colors for the SSR that was extra cost also, aqua blur and slingshot yellow.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
CalBear said:
Just had a thought,
Have you seen these colors actually on a car in person? In my experience if all you have to go on is pictures on the internet every monitor will display colors differently, so don't judge the colors you see in pictures, wait till you see them in person actually on the car...just may be a reason you think these colors are boring and you describe the green as "a stool sample of someone with the flu"

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Great northern color, not good in AZ, 96 and dark currently here in Phoenix
I've lived in arizona most of my life, have had black cars and ordered my Sol in black. The black issue is silly since a/c became a standard part of cars. There are a lot of black vehicles in Arizona, and more all the time. It's a great color choice for this car, and I can't wait to get mine!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts